Fourth Year

It was the perfect weather outside, the sun was still up, beaming down warmly as the trees swayed in the hot summer breeze. The first few weeks of school had passed by like a blur and before Marceline knew it, Quidditch tryouts had made it's way.

Fourth year was no easier than her third and Professor Trelawny still kept predicting everybody's tragic doom. Not to mention Snape already getting under everybody's skin.

This afternoon the pitch was currently occupied by the Gryffindors, in search for new team members to replace those that have graduated. A couple of Gryffindor students patiently waited for tryouts to start as the Quidditch Captain paced back and forth, waiting for the last Chaser from last year's team to arrive. The new comers had no idea why Wood would care so much about a particular witch's presence, however, last year's team sure as hell did.

Angelina Johnson was about to suggest that they'd better start off without her in hope that she might show up midway through tryouts but before she could say anything more, Marceline had arrived.

She stepped out of the locker rooms and into the radiating sun. Once Oliver had spotted her, he scowled at the girl as she simply dismissed it and pompously walked up to him.

"You're late..." Oliver crossed his arms in front of his chest as he stared at Marceline with great dislike. She was always late for either practice or Quidditch trials, not really intimidated by the idea of being kicked out of the team.

"Am I not always late? Why do you care anyway?" Marceline retorted back, sharing the same dislike as he did.

"Because I'm Team Captain now." Oliver proudly states and pointed down at the small badge, making her frown deeper.

Marceline had nearly forgotten that Charles Weasley had graduated and left Hogwarts to go to Romania and attend to dragons. Leaving a vacant spot for captainship and it seemed that Professor McGonagall had already made up her mind.

She should've known this was coming, it was no surprise as to why he looked so overjoyed more than usual since the start of the semester.

"You're the new Captain?" Marceline asked in disbelief, practically gawking at him as she gestured her hand to the so called future Gryffindor Quidditch Captain.

"Yes, yes I am. Meaning from now on, you'll have to start coming in to practice more early. Or you're out of the team." Oliver stated smugly, happy that he was now given the authority to kick members out.

Marceline always knew Oliver was a Quidditch obsessed git and would often mock him about it out in the pitch whenever Charles Weasley, the last great Quidditch Captain, had his back turned.

Marceline had developed a passion of hatred towards this boy, she hated the fact that he would constantly suggest their last Captain to make as many training dates as possible to the point where they'd have to train almost three times a week. Now that he's Captain, who knows what horrible tactics he might come up with to ruin her schedule.

"You wouldn't..." Marceline squinted her eyes at him.

"...besides you need me, Wood." A smirk appeared on her lips as she pushed past him to join the rest of the students. Now it was Oliver's turn to frown, he knew damn well how true that was.

Unfortunately for Wood, he couldn't actually dismiss her from the team this year nor in any year simply because she had mostly led Gryffindor to victory. Two years ago, if it hadn't been for Marceline scoring an extra ten points before Charlie had caught the golden snitch, Ravenclaw would have won the Quidditch Cup.