The Traitor

The cold corridors of the dungeons never felt welcoming to Airborne. The heavy aura that hung in the air made her feel uneasy. The girl had gotten herself into more trouble with Snape as per usual and was sentenced to serve more detention. Wood was gonna kill her for skipping yet another training session. As expected, the Potions Master made her scrub the bottom of the cauldrons again.

After serving detention, Airborne stepped out of the Potions classroom. Voices bounced around the dark gloomy hallways. At the mention of her name, her ears perked up in interest. Out of curiosity, she went to investigate.

The further she ventured into the dungeons, the louder and clearer the voices became. Marceline walked past the Potions classroom to see who was talking behind the corner. The voice became familiar by the many times she's encountered the prick over the years.

"Do you actually fancy Airborne or something?"

Taking a peek, she confirmed it was Montague but what Marceline didn't expect was that Adrian stood next to him.

"No, why would I? Haven't I already told you lots? I'm just trying to get some inside information from her..."

Her breathing stopped at Adrian's words, the next thing he said to them had her completely stunned. The more Pucey continued to explain, the worse her temper became.

Tactics, the foul git started leaking their tactics. The slimeball had in fact seen the parchment, he knew every single one of their moves.

Marceline started to question things between him and her, had he been using her? Had he ever even cared for her? Or was all this some kind of sick joke to make his friends laugh at her?

"Besides what easier way to win the Cup than by distracting one of their best Chasers." Adrian didn't mean to say that to anyone but it just sort of popped out of his mind. He needed to make it believable.

"Well played." Derrick commented whilst clapping a hand over his shoulder, making the others laugh. Adrian relaxed, knowing his friends believed him.

As his group of friends dispersed and headed for the common room, Adrian saw someone moving in the dark behind a corner. That someone had overheard their conversation, Adrian cursed internally as he chased after the sillouette. Pucey had not mistaken those bright grey eyes as he sprinted past Snape's office.

Footsteps echoed behind her but her legs felt too weary to speed walk any faster. Then she heard him call her name, his footsteps were now louder indicating that he was close by.

"Marcy, I can explain-"

"All this time, that's what I am to you? Some kind of joke?" She couldn't contain her anger anymore.

"No, of course not." Adrian finally reached her, placing a hand over her shoulder and spun her around to face him. Forcing her to look at him dead in the eyes.

"How long have you been pretending? How long have you been leaking our tactics?" Marceline had shrugged his hand off her shoulder, keeping distance from him.

"You know I'd never do that-" Adrian tried to hold her hand but she squatted it away.

"Rubbish, you just did it minutes ago! I thought you were my best friend! All these years you've gone behind my back and lied to me." Her hands clenched into fists on either side of her, shaking in anger.

"I haven't been lying!"

"I trusted you. With my secrets, my life and even my heart. And to think that you actually loved me-" Marceline choked on her own words, unable to finish her sentence. Tears were already swelling in her eyes.