The Broken Streak

It was an odd scene to wake up to this fine morning.

Everyone was gathered around in Gryffindor Tower including Nearly Headless Nick as they gazed down at a motionless body that lay flat on the embroidered carpet. The said person seemed to have been hit by a spell and had fallen face first onto the floor.

"Who did this to him?" A fifth year spoke up, looking around at his housemates.

"No one knows." Some third year replied.

The boy whom the first years had recognized as Neville Longbottom, wasn't dead or anything but rather frozen in place. His eyes were wide open with both arms and legs tucked in together.

Professor McGonagall had finally burst into the common room to unpetrify Longbottom. Once the boy was unfrozen, Neville started rambling on about how Potter had sneaked out at night to get Gryffindor into more trouble.

"Professor, I-I tried to warn them. I tried to stop them-" Neville sputtered.

However, McGonagall didn't seem to be furious at the news. Which was odd because clearly Potter had sabotaged both chances of winning the House Cup and the Quidditch Cup.

"It's alright, Longbottom. I will deal with Potter later." McGonagall reassured, Longbottom was brought to the hospital wing just in case he had any major injuries but Madam Pomfrey saw no reason to keep him.

That wasn't the only odd thing that happened today, instead of being greeted by the anxious Professor Quirrell, a different teacher was waiting inside the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Specifically Professor Greco, who normally taught Arithmancy.

"Uhhhh, where's Professor Quirrell?" Marceline whispered to Angelina, the girl shrugged in response. Having no clue either.

"Good afternoon everyone, today I'm afraid Professor Quirrell is incapable of teaching. You see, he's been... disintegrated." Professor Greco explained.

"Disintegrated?" One student piped up, looking skeptical.

"Yes, quite unfortunate. Anyway..." Professor Greco carried on with today's lesson, not daring to further explain himself. Leaving confusion amongst the students.

Potter had mysteriously disappeared for the entire day. No ones knows what happened to Harry not even Neville who was the last person to see him.

Wood was of course, concerned out of everybody not because he cared about the boy's well being but because he needed Harry on the day of the Quidditch match. Oliver actually avoided attending to Divination today, afraid that Professor Trelawny may predict something awful about the upcoming match. Airborne thought Wood was just being paranoid like always.

People started to think that Potter was expelled along with his two little companions but that theory was put to rest the moment Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger had made an appearance at dinner feast.

Oliver had immediately approached the two first years in hope they'd know where Potter was and to his horror, Harry was in the hospital wing knocked out cold.

Oliver Wood was devastated to hear what had happened to Harry Potter and that he was in no shape to play anytime sooner. He had already planned their strategies to use against Slytherin for Quidditch Finals but he soon realized it was all for nothing. The chances of Katie being able to catch the snitch were extremely low.

But what shook everyone at dinner was the truth behind Professor Quirrell. Wood knew something was wrong with Professor Quirrell but he would never have guessed that he had turned to the dark side. It was a shock to every student who was taught under his wing, how could someone so anxious do such things but then again looks can truly deceive.