Detention

The students had just entered their second term and the Professors were already laying it on thick. The moment winter break had ended, school work suddenly came flying into their hands like paper airplanes.

The day Wood had been dreading was nearing in, of course the Scottish lad had still made strategies even when his teammates had acknowledged the fact that Hufflepuff had no chance in winning. But Oliver, being Oliver, couldn't help himself and had to still plan out their moves for the next match. Wood had talked it over with Airborne a couple days ago, Marceline decided not to argue and just go with it since there was no way to convince Oliver that his tactics against Hufflepuff were a waste of his time.

"Airborne!"

She heard her name being called from across the halls. At this point it wasn't new to her.

"What now Oliver? I'm really not in the mood to talk about tactics." Marceline could hear the heavy footsteps, running closely behind her.

"You need to hear me out. Snape is refereering this time." Oliver said lowly not wanting other students to hear.

Marceline gazed at Oliver like he had just delivered the worst news she had ever heard.

"What?!" She asked in disbelief.

"Oh so now you're concerned, uh?" Oliver gave her a 'I-told-you-so' kind of look. He instructed her not to tell anyone just in case it would set panic upon the team. Marceline obliged, knowing how badly the players would react.

Later that day, Oliver had gathered the team for another training session after they previously had one yesterday. The Weasley twins were purposely dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms. It was clear they were sick and tired of Wood, Marceline couldn't agree more but with Snape refereeing she could understand as to why Oliver was now pushing his team more than ever.

"Will you stop messing around! That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match!" Oliver scolded the twins.

"Oh will you lay off, Oli? We're only going against Hufflepuff." Fred said carelessly.

"Yeah, like Airborne said, the match will be as easy as treacle tart." George finished Fred's sentence.

"Not with Snape refereeing this time and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!" Oliver yelled, forgetting the fact that it was supposed to be kept a secret.

This time, George really fell off his broom after hearing that. Marceline face palmed herself as she watched their shocked expressions.

"Snape's refereeing?" George asked in disbelief.

"When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin." Said Fred, losing hope.

Everyone started complaining, saying that this wasn't fair and that Snape needs to be kicked out of the school grounds.

"It's not my fault. We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us." Oliver tried to convince his team as he calmed them down, urging them to continue practice and this time without any interruptions from the Weasley twins.

⊰᯽⊱┈══ ❊ ❃ ❁ ❃ ❊ ══┈⊰᯽⊱

Everyone in the locker room was nervous, Wood had pulled Potter aside probably to talk to him about catching the snitch as soon as possible. Strong tension lingered among the Gryffindor Quidditch Team, sitting on the benches and waiting for things to go bad for them. However, it shortly ended the moment Fred piped up.