Final Chapter: Victorious

One of the Chasers didn't seem to care in joining them at all, Airborne really wanted to get her arm fixed as soon as possible. Marceline was relieved that Quidditch season was finally over, she glanced over at the rest of the team as they hugged each other tightly, tears of joy were visibly glistening from the corner of their eyes.

"Are you alright, Airborne?" Her gaze snapped away from the crowd of Gryffindors and gazed up at the two figures infront of her. The bright yellow eyes of Madam Hooch and the emerald green robes of Professor McGonagall had approached her through the thick crowd of students. Marceline nodded reassuringly at the two teachers.

"Come on now, let's get you to the hospital wing."

"I-I can manage on my own, Madam." Marceline forced a smile even though it came out not as bright as intended.

"Congratulations once again Miss Airborne." Hooch's bright yellow eyes glistening with joy as she gave the girl a pat on the back. Marceline helped the coach collect the Quaffle and Bludgers, placing them back into their rightful casing.

Marceline once again glanced over at the crowded area where all the Gryffindors have gathered around the players as they lifted the Quidditch Cup high into the air. Cheerful roars and shouts of celebrations could be heard from even afar. All she could do was faintly smile and turn her back on them to follow Madam Hooch and Professor McGonagall out of the Quidditch pitch.

As the Cup was raised above their heads, Oliver was beyond ecstatic to the point where he was in tears but after embracing his teammates somehow he felt as if something was still missing. He looked around and realized Marceline wasn't here celebrating like the rest of the Gryffindors were.

Oliver searched for the missing Chaser. He scanned the crowded Quidditch field overflowing with Gryffindor students, wondering where she had gone off to. Finally he spotted her, standing beside Madam Hooch as she helped her with the Bludgers despite having a bad arm.

Somehow an empty space was still left in him as he glanced between the Quidditch Cup and Marceline. Oliver thought he'd find satisfaction in winning the Cup but even after they did, it still didn't fill the void in his heart. He still wanted her.

He wanted her beautiful smile. He adored her recklessness and arrogance. He didn't even mind hearing her constantly criticize everything he did in the name of Quidditch.

'What are you standing there for, you fool? Do something!' The voice inside his head screamed at him.

Maybe there was still time.

He always told himself he'd settle for someone that was nearly as Quidditch obsessed as he was. Someone that wasn't going to hold him back from his dreams. Someone who wouldn't mind him being away if he ever became a professional Quidditch player. Only to realize that that someone had been standing infront of him the entire time.

After glancing at the two back and forth, he came to a conclusion. This time he wasn't gonna let her get away, not like he did last time. He stared down at the cup still in his hand, shining in the blinding sun. He had to admit that it was mesmerizing but... nothing could compare to her.

'Screw the cup, I'm getting the girl.' Oliver thought to himself and left the Cup to the Weasley twins. Wood sprinted after her, squeezing his way through the crowd. The team stared at him in confusion as he practically ran over to the other side of the pitch, Marceline's back was turned as she made her way out of the stadium to head to the hospital wing.

"Airborne!" Oliver called from afar but she didn't hear him over the loud crowd.

"Marceline wait!" Oliver called out again, he grabbed her non injured arm and spun her around to face him as she sent him a surprised look.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑨𝑰𝑹𝑩𝑶𝑹𝑵𝑬 (𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖂𝖔𝖔𝖉) 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳✔ 🎉