Dance With Me

The two siblings had returned home safe and sound for the holidays to their mother's relief. Although, Marceline and Nico couldn't stop thinking about what had happened to Justin Finch-Fletchley and Nearly Headless Nick. The Hufflepuff was found petrified days after the whole Dueling Club incident in which Potter had revealed his talent for speaking Parseltongue.

The Gryffindor House Ghost must have been close by since he too was petrified although it was still a mystery as to how a ghost could have been petrified in the first place. Whatever the case, Nearly Headless Nick was no longer around to entertain nor help the Gryffindors anymore which set a depressing mood over Gryffindor Tower.

Who would've thought they'd miss the silly old ghost. Because of this, the other House Ghosts refused to leave their common rooms. Afraid that they might just end up like Nearly Headless Nick. Except for the Bloody Barron, who was scared of nothing. Even Peeves doesn't haunt the halls as often as he used to.

Nico remembered his first time trying to fly, it didn't go well. Nico had crashed into a tree. The second time he tried, obviously didn't go as planned either. He was practically humiliated infront of everyone saying the son of Aquila Airborne couldn't even fly a broomstick much less a twig. It was also the day he stupidly received detention for punching Salvador in the face, the bully who had said those rude remarks and provoked him.

Colin was the only person that found him incredible which was ironic because he was a muggleborn. A simple game of wizard chess already impressed him. Aquila's comparisons were not helping either, Nico hated being compared to his cousins much more with his older sister.

"Something's bothering you, I can see it on your face." Marceline commented whilst decorating the Christmas tree.

Placing ornaments of various different colors on the branches of the pine tree. Aquila had personally conjured it earlier today for the two to decorate, they did this every year.

"Its nothing. Just worried about exams, it's nearing close." Nico replied without looking at his older sister, he wasn't in the mood to be mocked today. Marceline wasn't convinced.

"Do you need me to beat up someone? Because if someone is pushing you around, I would gladly put them down."

Nico didn't say anything to that and continued to untangle the Christmas lights to which he was struggling with.

"Is it about what father said?" Marceline whispered not wanting Mum to hear from the kitchens. She must've hit a touchy subject because Nico looked hurt at the mention of Aquila.

"No." He lied and it was evident in his eyes.

Marceline couldn't deny the harsh words Aquila would say to them from time to time even though he didn't intend them to be harsh. Even for her, Aquila always expected the best from her and nothing else. It was tough love. Marceline had only stuck with Quidditch because it was the only thing that she loved and excelled in.

"Dad cares about you. He may not show it as often but just because you've disappointed him once doesn't mean he doesn't love you, Nico."

This made Nico finally meet her gaze, genuinely shocked by the words that came out of her mouth. When did she ever get this wise?

"You're special, in your own different way. I mean blimey, you received an Outstanding in Transfigurations. Look at me, I could barely get an Acceptable."

Nico chuckled at that, it was true that he was better than her when it came to academics. Lately the two have become closer than before and he hoped they'd stay this way. Nico much preferred this version of his sister rather than the bratty one.