Under The Storms

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus Finnigan came running into the Great Hall with a copy of today's Daily Prophet in his hands. Catching everyone's attention by how loud the Irish git was being.

"Who?" Ron questioned, watching as Seamus came to a hault in front of them.

"Sirius Black!" Seamus did the mistake of exclaiming that as the Great Hall was filled with gasps and mutters.

Marceline scooted closer to eavesdrop on the group, curious to know the whereabouts of the notorious killer. Seamus had passed the newspaper around to prove his point.

"Dufftown, it's not far from here." Hermione sent a worried look over to her best friends, specifically Harry.

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts? Do you?!" Neville panicked like he always did in the face of danger.

"With Dementors at every entrance? I don't think so, Neville." Dean Thomas reasoned.

"Dementors? He's already slipped past them all, hasn't he? Who's to say he won't do it again?" Seamus countered.

Marceline made eye contact with Angelina to see her reaction, her friend looked more worried than ever. What was Black planning? By now people knew Black was after Potter but there wouldn't be any other reason for the killer to be here other than to finish the boy off. What scared the students most was the possibility of getting in his way and being killed by doing so. After all, Sirius Black had murdered many people including innocent muggles.

Why was everything centered around Potter? Were they ever going to have a peaceful year?

For now, the Headmaster hadn't taken any actions. So far students hadn't come face to face with a Demetor, the enchantments outside the castle were doing its work by keeping the nasty creatures at bay. Less and lesser students visited the school grounds unless it was absolutely necessary such as Quidditch and Care of Magical Creatures. Other than that no one dared to leave the castle, even though the Dementors were far away. They never ceased to let them know they were there, waiting.

After an exhausting day, Marceline was ready to hit the hay. Being a sixth year was no easier than being a fifth. Sure they had no O.W.L.s but her subjects have subsequently become more challenging as days went by.
However, as she made her way back to Gryffindor Tower along with her group of friends after dinner, the hall leading to the common room was blocked.

"Uh what's keeping up the line?" Lee stood on his toes, trying to peer over the many heads but to no luck.

Gryffindor students from various years were standing outside the portrait, crowding the area. No one was entering the common room like it was somehow not letting them.

"Let me through, please." Percy pushed through the crowd of Gryffindors, making his way over to the portrait.

"What's the hold up here? You can't all have forgotten the password- excuse me, I'm Head Boy." Percy pushed through the crowd of students to see what's with all the commotion.

By the time Percy made it to the front, his glasses had slipped further down his nose as he pushed them back into place. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Somebody get Professor Dumbledore. Quick!" Percy bellowed, watching a couple of fourth years squeeze their way out of the crowd to go and find the Headmaster.

Finally the Chasers managed to make it to the front and saw that the Fat Lady was missing from her portrait. The only thing left behind were large claw marks that sliced through the canvas. Professor Dumbledore had arrived in no time along with McGonagall, Lupin, and Snape. The Headmaster examined the ruined painting before turning to the Gryffindor Head of House.