Gryffindor Vs. Hufflepuff

The weather outside was cold, the strong winds lashed against the castle walls as loud roars of thunder erupted from the thick dark grey clouded skies. No sun was shining this Saturday morning, the rain was heavily pouring outside for the past days and it still hadn't stopped.

Marceline couldn't sleep well last night despite the thunderstorm happening outside of the castle. The brunette woke up more earlier than the rest that morning and couldn't fall back asleep. She gave up trying, got changed and climbed down the spiral staircase. She sat down on an armchair near the fireplace alone for quite some time and decided to do some homework as she brought out her quills, parchment paper and ink bottles. Bringing her legs up and crossing them infront of her, she decided to finish off the essay Professor Lupin had assigned about Grindylows.

By the time she had finished and started on her Divination homework, a few tired looking students climbed down to the common room as they sat down around her. Marceline lifted her gaze from the parchment paper and realized it was Fred and George who looked just as dreadful as she did this morning.

"This is a first, we've never caught you doing homework before." George commented, yawning in the process.

"That's because I never did my homework, I simply copied off of whomever." Marceline replied.

She checked the time and realized that it was time for breakfast. Tidying up, Marceline got up from the sofa whilst stretching her arms out and made her way out of Gryffindor Tower. Fred and George followed her to the Great Hall. They trudged past the double doors to see some students awake and already eating their breakfast.

The rain was still pouring outside, if possible even more harder than it was before. Marceline silently hoped to herself that today's Quidditch match would be cancelled but she knew all too well that Oliver Wood wouldn't approve of it. Nor would the school.

Adrian wasn't up yet and neither was any of his friends; Marceline sat down groggily with the Weasley twins as she stared down at her untouched poached egg. She silently sipped on a warm mug of hot coffee or at least she tried to. Nico had joined the table moments after, Colin was no where to be seen probably for the best. He sat down next to her as he greeted his sister a good morning. Nico ate his bacon and scrambled eggs before engaging a conversation with her.

"Do you really think they'll let you play under this weather?"

As if on cue, a loud thunder clapped across the castle. She glanced over to the windows as strong winds blew the trees, making them sway back and forth. It reminded her of the encounter she had with the Dementor, the thought of it made a chill run down her spine.

"Well... I've been playing in the House Team for the last five years to know that... they're most likely obligated to do so." The team was finally complete, everyone sat at the Gryffindor table for breakfast before the big game.

"You need to eat, Airborne." Oliver urged, he took notice of her plate that was still full until now. He sat next to her and began helping himself with some scrambled eggs and sausages.

"Not hungry." Marceline pushed the plate away from her.

"Hungry or not you still need it. An empty stomach will affect your performance." Oliver pushed the plate right back.

With a loud sigh of defeat, she knew that Oliver wouldn't stop bothering her and so Marceline forced herself to eat as she reached out for some buttered toast but it tasted rather stale.

Another bright light flickered across the hall followed by loud bangs erupting from the roof above as she raised her head and dared to stare up at the enchanted ceiling, only to regret doing so. Reflecting the actual sky outside, the ceiling was currently a hazy gray mess. It reminded of the eyes she had inherited as strikes of thunder ran from one end to another. Marceline snapped her head back down and tried to calm herself, keeping her gaze fixed upon her food.