Winter Break

The match between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor had gone quite smoothly. Marceline had pitched in and made a couple of changes with how the Chasers were gonna play against the eagles.

Games against Ravenclaw were always enjoyable because they played quite fairly with a challenge. Gryffindors loved to be challenged. As much as Marceline would deny it, the Ravenclaws were a much worthy opponent than the Slytherins. Davies was without a doubt a good Captain and she now understood why Flitwick had chosen him.

Airborne was finally working in harmony with the whole team and if she kept this up, it might just bring them closer to the Quidditch cup. The weather may have been a little cruel to the players but nonetheless, students still managed to avoid getting a frostbite that day.

The victorious atmosphere in Gryffindor Tower carried on until the winter break. To her relief, Marceline had managed to keep up with her grades and successfully passed in all of her quizzes including Potions.

Like any other winter holidays, Marceline would once again come home and be greeted by her parents plus younger brother, Nico.

"So I was thinking about the match against Hufflepuff and-" Oliver began as he closely followed her in search for an empty compartment on the Hogwarts Express. The said train that would bring them back to King's Cross station.

"Please, Hufflepuff is as easy as treacle tart. I mean just look at Malcom, we could easily knock him off his broom with a blindfold on and one hand tied behind our backs." Marceline shook her head, sarcasm dripping off of her tongue.

"Still. We need to take precautions. If you haven't noticed, there are new players on the Hufflepuff Team this year." Oliver countered, unconvinced.

"Oh give it a rest, Oli. As long as Diggory is Captain, we won't have to worry about a single thing." She stopped dead in her tracks and slid a compartment door open. Inside that compartment was the least favourite person Oliver wanted to see in the entire world.

"Oh, it's you." Oliver squinted down at the Slytherin, clearly he wasn't very pleased to see him.

"Yes, yes it is." Adrian only replied with a smug grin on his face, still slouching in his seat. Pucey was used to other Gryffindors sending him rude remarks so it wasn't really new to him.

Oliver decided to ignore Adrian and gazed back at Marceline once more.

"Let's just... pick this up after the holidays." Oliver said before walking off further down the train in search for another compartment since he had no desire to sit anywhere near a snake.

Marceline proceeded inside the compartment and slid the door closed behind her.

"That's odd... You and Wood talking, normally you'd tell him to bugger off." Adrian raised an eyebrow in a skeptical manner as he watched her sit across from him.

"We were just discussing about the upcoming match against Hufflepuff. Wood is worried about the new players, like is there really anything to worry about?" Airborne huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Seriously? And what exactly are you lots planning to do?" Adrian cocked his head to the side, a small grin playing at the corners of his lips.

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you." She replied jokingly, Marceline knew he was just teasing.

Adrian only laughed at her response. The ride back home went by so quickly, Marceline found herself exchanging goodbyes with Adrian as she gathered up all her things and stepped out of the scarlet red train.