Quidditch Finals

"Welcome to Quidditch finals, today's match is Gryffindor against Slytherin!" Came Lee's voice from the magical megaphone, pure excitement in his tone.

The teams emerged into the stadium, colors of red/gold and green/silver painted the sky as the players circled around the pitch.

"Gryffindor with the lineup of Johnson, Spinnet, Airborne, Wood, Weasley, Weasley, and Potter."

At the sight of Philip sitting by the front row next to Nico, made Marceline feel overjoyed. Beside them, she imagined that her dad was there, smiling and cheering like he did the last time she made it to Quidditch Finals. She quickly wiped a tear that rolled down her cheek and gripped tightly onto her Air Wave Gold, flying alongside Spinnet and Johnson.

"As for Slytherin with the lineup of Warrington, Montague, Flint, Derrick, Bole, Malfoy, and Bletchley."

Marceline gazed back at Jordan, Adrian's last name wasn't called. She searched around and saw no sign of him on his broom. Did Flint make last minute changes? Whatever happened, Adrian wouldn't be playing against them. She tried to find him amongst the crowd but to no luck.

In a matter of minutes, the game begun as Madam Hooch's whistle tore through the stadium. Leaving her no time to think about Pucey.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goal posts, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no- Quaffle intercepted by Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the field-"

Oddly enough, Airborne spotted alot of gold glimpses around the field and it was clear that Harry had gotten distracted by them. Marceline was too busy going after the Quaffle to even dwell on the mysterious blinding reflections around the pitch.

"Wham! Nice bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle. It's caught by Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come on Angelina! Nice swerve around Montague. Duck, Angelina, that's a bludger! She scores!"

That victorious moment lasted only a mere second as Angelina was nearly thrown off her broom after Flint had once again purposely smashed into her.

"Sorry, didn't see her!" Flint made a petty excuse as the Gryffindors booed at the cheating Captain.

Fred didn't take this lightly and had chucked his club right at Flint's head, his nose crashed onto the handle of his own broom, causing him to bleed.

Two broken noses in a school year, what are the odds of being that unlucky.

"That will do! Penalty shot to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack to their Chaser! Penalty shot to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their Chaser!" Madam Hooch shrieked, pointing at the two players.

"Come of it, Miss!" Fred scoffed in disbelief.

Airborne volunteered to take the penalty as the Quaffle was passed to her hands.

"Flying forward here we have the Chaser that never misses! Come on, Marceline!" Jordan cheered for his friend as her housemates chanted her last name.

She gave Bletchley a nasty glare as she raised her arm to shoot past him. Marceline, of course, never missed.

"Twenty-zero to Gryffindor!"

Marcus flew forward to take the penalty for the Slytherins despite the fact that his nose was still dripping with his own blood. The Gryffindors prayed to Merlin that he missed and it seemed that their prayers have been answered the moment Lee exclaimed,

"Yes! I don't believe it! He's saved it!"

Oliver had managed to block Flint's penalty shot, sending the lions into a loud uproar. Marceline let out a sigh of relief as Oliver passed her the Quaffle, zooming away with it towards Slytherin's end.