Chapter 1 - This is me

It's 3:35 a.m. and I'm in bed lying with my cousin sister Andy, I passed her the tissue box from the dresser as she sobs and intently stares at my laptop screen. We are watching the Phantom of the Opera 2004 movie and I scoff as I watch the three main characters belting out all at once in the 'Final Lair' scene. An opera house is burning above them and the three of our main characters have the time to serenade their dialogues in a sewer-looking goth cave, while our hero Raoul also has a noose on his neck. The gorgeous set designs and music scores are my only motivators through this. Ughh, I should have watched Rush Hour instead.

Andy announced that I'm a heartless idiot at 12 noon next day. The reason? I called Phantom a murderous maniac and nothing but a good debut role for Gerard Butler. Phangirls are sure serious about their maskman, eh?

"Andy, Raoul is the rich, handsome, compassionate good guy with better communication skills. I don't see anyone else as a better option for Christine, come on!" I retorted. "Also, its Patrick frickin Wilson who played Raoul, I'll pick him any day, you know I love The Conjuring series." Andy sighed. It was her 10837428349th time watching Phantom of The Opera and I guess not turning her cousin sister into a 'Phangirl' before our France trip felt like a personal failure to her. Then we heard my mom yell "girls the fried chicken is done, come over!"

I'm Clarissa Emerson, an eighteen-year old girl living a comfortable life in LA. I come from a relatively wealthy household. My father runs a jewellery business while my mother is dermatologist. I live with my parents and my big brother Clayton. I've been a straight-A student at school with extensive extra-curricular, always had good rapport with teachers and a circle of friends who are like family to me. I've grown up playing the guitar and piano as our house is a one with lots of musical interests, and every child in the family grows up learning at least one instrument. I shuffled at many things because I tried and tested things I like. So, I grew up doing lots of things like music, drawing, baking, acting, swimming, martial arts and LOADS of reading. I am currently preparing to go to college, for which I decided I'll major in business administration and business law. I've been in an awfully good mood this whole week since I was excited for our vacation to Paris.

Today for some reasons I listened to "Music of the night" from the movie I watched, while I jogged my way to the Taekwondo dojo where I train daily. The spring wind blew my brown locks gently and the sun caressed my face with a comforting heat. I suddenly felt my airpod being snatched from the left and I turned back sharply. Of course! Its him- Aziel. Az came right up to my face and said "what in operatic world are you listening to Clary? You are sure bored quickly from Ed Sheeran or Kendrick Lamar?" "It's called diverse taste in music you dipshit. I listen to everything from AC/DC, One Direction to Mariah Carrey and to even kpop. But nothing beats my boys Mozart and Paganini though" I chuckled.

Aziel, the tall and cute sci-fi nerd and vocalist who was popular without even knowing it. I had to deal with strings of jealous girls at school because we hung out together all the time. We've been together through the best and worst of our childhoods and we have the same circle of friends too. Sometimes I look at him and think back on how lucky I was to meet him on my first day at kindergarten. Me and Az sparred at the dojo together then went to the Roger's grill and chomped down the Chicken melt burger. I went over to his house later to play PS4 and came back dead tired home. 

Damn, now I have to sit and pack my luggage for the trip.