Chapter 19- Back in Time

Clarissa's POV

I woke up with pain in my shoulders and back. My whole body felt stiff as if I was sleeping in the most uncomfortable position possible. I tugged my arms and felt a tight rope around my wrist. I quickly opened my eyes to check my situation. I'm in bed, in Erik's bed. My right arm is tied to the bed post and I was held tightly by broad hands. I looked to my left and it was Erik. He wasn't wearing his mask and was wearing his white shirt. The shirt was left open at the top revealing his hard chest. We were both under the red velvety blanket. His one arm was underneath my head, supporting my neck with his broad biceps. Another arm was sprawled across my stomach, tugging me close to his warm body. His head was tucked in the crook of neck and shoulder. Holding me so tightly, he slept like a baby. I smiled when I heard him snore softly. Wait, why am I smiling? I am fucking kidnapped right now. I NEED TO GET OUT.

I look towards my feet and see my bag pack lying there besides the bed. Cool, my bag is within my reach, but how should I reach it, when my right hand is tied? I wore my watch on my left wrist, so I slowly moved my left arm which tightly tugged into Erik's chest and check the time, it was 3 a.m. I slowly wriggled my right hand to see if I can get it out, but the rope was tied too tightly. I slowly pulled my left hand out this time, which caused Erik to shift a little, but he still slept. I tried to pry the knot open with my left hand. It was almost loosening when I felt Erik move. Shit.

"Are you trying to run away from me, my love?" He spoke with his raspy deep voice.

He hugged me from behind, now both his arms wrapped around my stomach and waist, holding me hostage. I did a sharp tug on the rope and freed my right hand out completely. I had enough self-defence classes to know how to get out of rope ties. This obviously alarmed Erik because I untied the rope completely. He was about to get up and restrict me again but I know how to win his trust. I quickly turned around facing him, and placed my now free right palm on his cheek. I cupped his cheek and slowly grazed his lips with my thumb. Erik's breath hitched, I smirked. He was obviously never touched like this. Heck, I could be the only other person he touched this closely in his life. I let my fingers trace his eyebrows, moving stray locks of hair away from his forehead, then running my fingers through his hair. I spent enough years in high school to know how much guys craved such touches, and hearing Erik's loud thumping chest, I knew I was right. I moved my fingers down his hair and now to his neck. I traced the line of his collar bone and my hand slowly rested above his broad shoulder. I pressed a slow kiss on his jaw, neck and then on his collar bone. Welp, this is the last move, hope this does the trick. Here goes the last bit.

His eyes were fluttering close while he felt my touch, so I stared deeply in them, to hold his gaze in mine. While he looked in my eyes, I moved my hand freely. I moved low and slipped underneath the white shirt, making him hold his breath. I grazed his broad shoulders, making circles and then landing right on his beating heart. I laid my palm flat on his chest now, feeling each heartbeat.

"Wha- what.. what a-are you d-doing Ms. Clarissa?" his lips parted slowly in anticipation.

"I thought you called me 'my love' before. Am I not your lover now?" I whispered smoothly.

"You don't dare try to trick me."

"I woke up with you by my side, and I thought, this is the life I want. Why Erik, don't you feel the same way? Craving my touch like this?" I blinked at him.

"Of-ofcourse I do, I'm so happy to know you feel the same way. I-"

Before he could utter another word, I placed a quick kiss on his chin, dangerously close to his lips, to tease him. This made him gasp. Now mere centimetres away from his face, and it took a lot of control on my side to not close the distance. I seductively whispered. "Babe, I need to go to washroom real-quick. How about we continue this once I come back?"

"Mhhmm, Sure. Let me take you there."

Ofcourse he will. Erik had to keep his eyes on me at all times. But for heavens sake I finally have his trust, he didn't bat an eye on the fact that the person he is trying to keep hostage is out of her bound and walking freely to the restroom. I held his hand as I got down from bed and he got down behind me. He suddenly grabbed me from behind and left a soft kiss on my neck, only to immediately look away, blushing a lot. He was showing me small acts of affection like a shy puppy. I don't know why but his actions were making me falter, but no- I can't forget what this man is capable of. The image of him strangulating Robert flashed in my mind. One wrong move and I'll be tied down by him again. My blood seethed with anger but I held it in. I quickly kneeled down, right in front of my bag.

This made him alert and he kneeled beside me, holding both my arms tightly and bringing them close to his chest.

"Not so fast my love." He said with seriousness.

"Periods."

"huh?"

"I'm on my periods, I mean menstrual cycles. I need to get my feminine hygiene products."

Erik blushed profusely and his grip loosened. I took out my pack of sanitary napkins and then a pack of tampons. I asked him to hold one pack for me and he looked at the sanitary napkin packet curiously. In the barely 3-4 seconds gap, I took out my tazer and aimed at the side of his waist. Before he could even react, I shocked him till he was unconscious, falling limp on the floor.

Grabbing my things and shoving them into my bag, I took one last look at Erik. He was lying on the floor so I put a pillow under his neck and placed his blanket above him. Never in a hundred years would I imagine us to end like this. But I guess this is the end, I felt warm tears trickle down my face. Making sure I had left no proofs of my modern world lying around, I was finally ready to go. Whispering one last good bye, I walked through the dark marble corridors, my phone flashlight in my hand. I checked my room at the dormitories and left a note for Madame Giry, packing away other things I made. I push opened the heavy door to the Prima Donna room. My pendant started glistening in a blue light. I looked up at my reflection, the edges of the mirror started to glow blue. I took the final steps and walked in.

Present Day, 18th August, 20XX

I'm lying on my back on a carpeted floor. I opened my eyes and squint at the brightness. I look up and see countless LED Lights placed in ornate antique lampshades and light holders. Cool air blowed on my face from the AC duct above. Yes, yes, yes, hell YEAH!! I never knew I'd be this happy to see a bunch light-bulbs. I get up to see myself in front of the mirror in Prima Donna room, but the moment I turn my head I get smacked by a soft toy across my face.

"What the hell Clary, why would you walk into the abandoned area in a tourist location? And also take a nap in here? Mom and Dad are paying fine to the tour guide right now, you're in for good trouble."

I forgive Clayton instantly for hitting me with that stupid toy. I cry a little and jump to hug him. I climb on him like a monkey and hug him tightly.

"Eww wtf"

"I missed you soooooooo much Clay"

"Shut up and get off me. Ughh"

"No I won't!"

"As you wish then"

Clayton pushed my head away and threw me to the side, I returned the favour by pulling him to the ground with me.

We both fought and laughed, and then entered my dad talking to a security official in a very serious manner. My mom followed behind, giving me the 'you're grounded' look. Dad walked up to where we were and picked me, checking if I had any injuries. He then smacked Clay behind his head.