Chapter 27 - Is this how we end?

I walk in to the beautiful yet haunting melody of a violin, every string playing a vivacious note that hits off all the surfaces of the cavernous lair, sounding just like it would in an actual auditorium. I saw the back view of a man, wearing a white shirt with sleeved rolled up and black waist coat finished with black trousers. His hair was slick back but a few strands fell on his face, the face devoid of any mask, scrunched up in a focused expression. Tears brimmed and threatened to escape as I saw the familiar figure again. The years have changed the way he looked, he looked regal and masculine. His gracious arms looked stronger and shoulders broad, I could see a slight stubble on his face. He has grown into his features and looked mature and handsome, the scar on his face doesn't affect anything. The scar doesn't affect anything because I know this man, inside and out, his flaws and selfish ways, his kind and redeeming qualities, his trauma and pain. I have felt it up close. I thought I knew everything yet in the end I ran. I ran away. But now that he ascended to the final note of the piece, I squared my shoulders, raised my chin and walked up ahead, ready to face him.

Erik's POV

I lost myself in the music, the music that had sustained me all my life. When the world turned away from me and treated me like a monster, music caressed me and filled me with a purpose to go on. My mind was in a haze and I felt a storm brewing inside my head. So, she finally decided to show herself? Accompanied by another man? Hah. It took all of my restrain to not show myself to all those people and reach for her, and take her away into the darkness. But she wasn't the one to stay, was she? I drowned my raging emotions in the trance of music and ascended back to my conscious when I hit the last note. I sighed, opening my eyes. My heart was still thundering from just getting a glance of her, standing tall and proud, lying to a room full of people without a hitch. I open my eyes to see that one girl occupying my thoughts, standing right in front of me.

It has been 10 years yet I could identify her at a glance. Her brown hair grew longer, with new streaks of gold in it. Her grey eyes were still shining with determination and confidence, yet her expression was soft. She gazed at me with deep emotions, which could almost fool me into believing that she cares. I took my time in letting my eyes slowing draw over her form, and I almost forgot to breath. The years have changed her, her face has matured into a feminine beauty, yet somehow she looks more beautiful. Her lips were plump and pink and her cheeks flushed and glowed. I could smell her lovely perfume and see the light reflecting on her body carved into the most perfect curves. She took a step towards me and then another. I could do nothing but stand still and look at her. 10 years of pent-up emotions, frustration, anger, betrayal and rage yet I could not speak a word. I didn't want to blink in case I missed even a single glance of this beautiful vision.

She looked into my eyes and smiled weakly. Her eyes were teary by now. She reached out her hand to touch my face but she stopped, unwantedly taking it back. Then I finally heard the sweet voice that I adore more than the greatest symphonies in the world.

"Hey, Erik." She sucked in her lips trying to stop her voice from quivering.

"Hello, Miss Clarissa." I scoffed. I took a step ahead and enclosed the distance between us. She didn't flinch by our closeness and looked straight into my eyes. Somehow her being so close to me and looking into my eyes, her breath fanning my face felt like the most natural thing in the world.

"Erik, - I, so it happened again- well, How are you doing?" She struggled to form words. It was an amusing scene to watch. The woman who never gave up till she had the last word was struggling to speak. Is that the effect I have on her? Or is she scared of me? Did she finally see me for the monster that I am? But didn't she come here all by herself.

"Why are you here?" I asked without exhibiting any emotion.

"I time-travelled, like before. And it was not on my own accord." She answered.