What am I doing here?

I woke up in a rather luxury room. The first thing I could see was a rather bright room. It was however not artificial light but the light coming through the window.

Me: .... Arg...

I tried to sit up but I was immediately hit with some pain coming from my wings. I was still laying on the bed and looked to both of my sides at my wings. They were completely white and when I stretched them I could see that there were places whit some missing feathers.

Me: ....

I could only speak of luck that they were still okay. I knew that it would take a long while for my feathers to grow back but after what I did I was very lucky just to have a couple of feathers missing. I could still fly with my wings that was the most important thing after all.

It took me a while to sit up and let my wings just lay on the bed. Come to think of it. This bed was huge and the room was very luxury.

I began looking around after I took my mask off.

Me: Where the heck am I?

Hawks: In my house feathers.

I haven't even realized that Hawks was standing there in the door frame or that he even opened the door.

Me: Where is Dabi?

Hawks: Still sleeping in the other guestroom. We drank a little bit too much yesterday.

Me: Oh... Are you both alright?

Hawks: Yes, thanks to you little feathers.

Me: Did you tell the hero commission about me yet?

Hawks: No.

Me: *relieved exhale* Thank god!

Hawks: Can you tell me what is going on?

Me: Yes, but before I do can you close the door behind you. I don't want anyone to listen to us.

Hawks: And yet you are willing to let me know?

Me: Yes, since you are connected to the hero commission after all.

The moment I said that I stood up and took one of his feathers that was laying close to me. IT was thanks to me looking around the room that I noticed it.

This is how he knew that I was up!

Without thinking twice, I threw it right at him like a throwing knife. The feather stopped in midair only centimeters before his face. This was when I remembered that he had full control over his feathers and could use them as a weapon.

Hawks: Is that how you thank a helping guy?

Me: No but this is how I thank a hero commission's puppet!

Hawks: Slow down kid, they are not that bad!

Me: Says the one that knows nothing about me!

Hawks: Listen Falcon. I don't know why you are out on the streets and not with the hero commissions but you are with me right now. You don't need to be that hostile.

Me: Oh really Keigo!

I knew his name. Everything about him. After I left the hero commission I tried finding out about Hawks a little bit more since they were set on making me his sidekick and never told me anything about him. However, all I could find out was his name and his training schedule as well as some videos from his training or more lit torturing.

His eyes began glittering dangerously and the feather that was in front of his face quickly flew to mine and only stood there dangerously in the air.

Me: Go ahead! I dare you! Do it! You would only do me a huge favor!

Hawks: *Sigh* I am not here to fight you kid.

With that he recalled his feather back to him and went to the bed sitting next to me while also giving me some space.

Hawks: I don't know how you got my name Falcon-

Me: Don't call me that! I am Azrael now.

Hawks: Sorry, Azrael. Look kid, you saved me and I only want to return the favor. Let me save you.

Me: Save me? How and from what?

Hawks: The guys that shot me down of the sky were after you not me, weren't they?

Me: ....

Hawks: As I thought. You have some dangerous enemies.

Me: If you think they are dangerous than you haven't seen anything yet.

Hawks: Kid, what is going on? All the hero commission said to me is that they were still training you and that you were not ready yet.

Me: HAH! I can imagine them saying that just so that no one finds out!

Hawks: Find out what?

Me: I escaped them! I literally killed a couple of people to get out of there!

Hawks: ....

Me: Just let me tell you this much. You don't understand. If you thought your training was hard then you never have seen them trying to bend someone's quirk to fit their expectations! Be lucky that you haven't lived through what I have!

Hawks: ... I am sorry kid.

He came close to me and ruffled my hair a little bit.

Hawks: By the way are you wearing make-up to look like me?

Me: Hm?

Hawks: The marks by your eyes.

Me: No. I was born with them.

Hawks: They look cute on you feathers.

He looked at me with such warming eyes that I knew that he didn't meant any harm. He didn't even have anything against me after I just tried to hurt him with his own feather.

Hawks: You hungry feathers?

Me: No.

That was a lie and my stomach knew it and decided to act upon himself and grumble.

Hawks: hahahahaha! How about some chicken?

Me: Did you say chicken?

Hawks: Yup! You like them too?

Me: Love them but I normally don't get them.

Hawks: ... When was the last time you ate something properly?

Me: I don't know. I had snacks here and there.

Hawks: No can do. You and Dabi are my guest until your wings recover kid, I'll take care of you!

Just like that we went to the kitchen together and I sat there watch him make some chicken nuggets. He had some frozen chicken nuggets and all he did was put them in oil and fry them. I wanted to help him but all he told me was to sit and relax which I did.