Secret Of The Past (40)

"I was hoping that you have some," the man said, exhausted after using his power.

"What's your plan?"

"So what's the plan?" Usopp asks.

"Is it attack?" Chopper guessed.

"Are they going to throw a bomb at him?" Thatch also guessed.

"Wha- Thatch, they don't have time for that," Marco scolded. "Even if they want to, they don't have bomb in their villages."

"I am just guessing!"

"We need something to cover up that mouth," Dan begin to explain. "The blast is powerful but if we can use one of Makino's plant to consume it then we will return it back to that thing."

"Will it work though?" The woman questioned. "Like you said, it is powerful but will Makino-san's plant will be able to handle it?"

"I can try," the green headed woman looked determined as she declared. "My plant would be able to endure it but I will need some help to back it up."

"Understood."

"It sounds like a good plan," Marco said thoughfully with his hand on his chin. "She know that she will faced the problem in front of her so it's a good choice to get some backup."

"Hopefully whatever they are planning," Sanji said seriously. "I hope it will work."

"We all hope for it," Sonia muttered, praying.

"I have an idea," the man lightened up and gestured them to come forward.

"I hope Luffy is okay..."

"And gramps!" Ace added.

"What's the matter?" Crust looked amused, almost arrogant since his upgrade form gave him advantage of destroying the island. "Too afraid to fight back?"

"Maybe I am too afraid to see your face cause you're ugly," Dan taunt him with smirk.

"OOOOOHH!"

"OOF BURN!" Thatch laughed.

Crust wiped off his smirk and is now glaring at him. Wordlessly, the open mouth give off the blinking eyes and beam is forming.

"Here comes the beam attack!"

"They better act fast!" Frank gritted his teeth.

"Are you really that easy to get angry? Oh is it because I call you ugly just now?" Dan mocked, keeping his eyes on the monster and running off with the help of his Speed Staff. "Do you want me to say sorry to you? Then I am sorry for calling you ugly because I thought for a second that you're the most ugliest and hideous humanoid fucker I have ever met!"

"WHY YOU-" now Crust is beyond angry, shooting the beam toward him leaving the trail and the eyes is too focused on him that he did not noticed the rest running toward him.

"What is he doing?" Yasopp asked worriedly. "Doesn't he know that it's dangerous to do that?"

"He's distracting him," Dragon realizes, seeing the monster solely focused on him. "He's giving the others a chance to take action."

'That's right! Focus on me! Keep your eyes on me!' Dan clearly think this through. Knowing the monster been trapped for years, he observe and noticing how Crust having a difficult time shifting his attention at one person to another.

Meaning his sight is still adjusting the outside world and his movements seems a bit of lacking - rusty as if he's trying to adjust his abilities.

Even with Luffy's Upgrade, he's still not used to this transformation and this making him slow.

"I haven't thought about that!" Marco gawked. "Now that he mention it, he does seems slow."

"That's my best friend people!" Shanks praised loud and proud. "My best friend!"

"So cool!" Ace awes.

As long as he keep those eyes and attacks on him despite the huge risk he's in, it will give others a chance to get close and all he have to do is to give others a sign.

Fortunately Crust is too slow to go after him due to his new appearance and becoming sloppy. The anger is fueling more as the monster attempting to go after him.

Now those eyes are directly to him without noticing his surroundings.

"It's working! It's working!" Nami cheered.

"I wonder what their plan is," Robin asked to herself. "That's impressive on his part."

"My best friend!"

"Please stop," Benn sighed. "They already know that."

"Makino!" The man crouched with his hands stretching out, ready to toss her up.

"Right!" She backed away with few steps and looked over her shoulder, waiting for the signal.

The woman is on standby, watching intense with her hand in the air and did not move an inch.

"This is so intense! I am sweating right now!" Haruta shivered.

"Maybe for you but I got sweats coming out of my eyes!"

"Why the hell are you crying for?!"

"I am not crying! I am sweating!"

"No it's not!"

"Why would sweats coming out of your eyes?! Those are tears! Why are you crying?"

"I don't know!"

"Children focus," Whitebeard remind them with fond smile.

'Come on Dan...' she pleading in her mind. 'We are counting on you!'

"I WILL CRUSH YOU!"

"I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY ASSHOLE FREAK!" Dan keep taunting, running through the tallest mountain he could find.

"MORTAL BRAT! HOLD STILL SO I CAN KILL YOU!"

'Not yet! Not yet!' Dan gritted his teeth, pushing his body to move as the wave of exhaustion hit him. 'Not yet! Not yet! I need more time!'

"He's overused his abilities and he looks like he's going to collapsed anytime soon!" Whitey exclaims.

"Just a little more longer!" Chopper begged. "Please hold on a little more!"

"Come on uncle!" Ace encourages. "I know you can do it! Don't stop!"

"Just give up already!" One of the lower marines suddenly speak. "Whatever your plan is, it's not going to work."

"THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY?!" Ace roared furiously at the marine who's now cowered at the mere sight of him. "ZIP YOUR STUPID MOUTH AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY SIGHT!"

Sengoku send a stern glare and the marine ducked his head and join the rest of the uncomfortable marines under the glares of both sides.

The certain lava user just grunted and keep quiet, showing interest at the abilities that shows so far.