Secret Of The Past (23)

Ace fell on his knees, hands on the ground and tears fell from his eyes.

Sobbing, he muttered out his grandfather and trembling as he let Marco and few comforting him.

"Ace?" Jiru hesitantly call his name.

"G-grandpa..."

The wave of sadness washed over them as they witnessing their brother crying with guilt, pain and sorrow.

They lifted him up before walked to join the others who are worried for their short tempered hot headed brother.

Nami sniffed, holding back her tears as she knew how he feel after she lost her mother. The others who lost their friends or family are also felt the same thing.

Even marines are holding a sad expressions. Only mild. Cause there's no way they're going to be sorry for those pirates.

Scourge held back a snort.

A bubble reappear in the middle of the forest and pop, letting them out.

Dan is crying, holding Lucas in his arms and fat tears falling heavily. Another bubble appear but bigger then popped out as it's reveal a group of survivors looked around confusingly.

"Rune-san is rescuing the survivors as well?" Robin blinked. "How?"

"If any of you paid attention," Scourge rolled his eyes. "Rune is touching someone so he can located where they are and send them to safety."

"He can do that?" Thatch blinked.

"With the help of his Second Power."

"What...?" A man blinked.

"What's going on?" A woman asked.

Makino looked around and her eyes landed on a familiar form before gasped. "Dan-san!"

He looked up to see a familiar green haired woman headed toward him with relieved look.

"Makino..."

Dragon blinked to see a familiar glint in her eyes and barely let out a smile. He definitely know that look; Makino is in love with Dan.

That is unexpected.

Shanks blinked to see her eyes and his heart squeezed at this. Instead of being hurt, he chuckles at this.

Sweet innocent Makino is in love with his best friend. What a coincidence that he too is in love with her.

"I am so glad that you're okay!" She immediately kneel down before him and wrap her arms around his neck.

Seeing his eyes softened a little at her touch bring the smile on their faces.

"Aww..." the women cooed except Hancock. Few men chuckles and Sanji is the only one sobbing dramatically.

A beautiful woman before him is falling for someone else. Life isn't fair for him!

So unfair!

Risa who heard her yelling, saw her son and run toward the same direction as well. "Lucas!" She bring him into her arms and run her hand through his hair. "Lucas? Lucas!"

Lucas stirred, blinked several times before found himself staring at his mother in flesh.

"Mom...?" He croaked.

"He's all healed up!" Chopper cheers.

"That Healing Staff is amazing," Whitey compliments. "Too bad that I can't used it to my family though."

"Your treatment with your brothers and sisters are enough," Whitebeard smiled at her making her blushed a little.

"Aww~ our sister is blushing~" Thatch teased. Whitey scowled and punched his shoulder lightly.

"Oh shut up!"

"Oh thank heavens!" She hugged him gently. "I am so glad to see you're all right." Then she looked around after pull back and saw no sight of her other son. "Where is Luffy?"

Lucas stiffened.

The atmosphere turn intense.

Strawhats looked at each others.

Feeling him stiff, she looked at him with uneasy look. "Lucas... where is your brother?" She asked.

"M-mom..." she's alarmed to see him burst into tears.

When he explained everything to her, Risa looked as if she saw a ghost and started trembling with her hands covered her mouth.

"N-no..." she sobbed.

Dragon looked down quietly.

The pirates are grimaced dully.

"I am so sorry," Lucas bow his head, refused to look at her. "I-I am not fast enough to save him... Blade is now death... Luffy is inside Crust... I-"

"Baby it's not your fault," she reassured him, hugging him tightly as she afraid that she'll lost him. "Don't blame yourself."

"She's right," Nami agreed. "Don't blame yourself just because you let your guard down."

"It's not the end of the world," Franky nodded. "Luffy is alive so he must be able to defeated Crust."

"That's true," Zoro said. "As strong as that thing was, there must be a weakness that might bring advantage for Lucas."

Then they saw Dan talking quietly to Makino who pulled back with wide eyes and their hearts dropped, knowing what he's talking about.

"What...?" Makino is trembling after hearing news from Dan who's still crying. "Rune-sama is...?"

Seeing him crying with so much guilt and sadness make her eyes softened, bring him in her arms and comforted him.

"Sshhh..." she hushed him gently.

Shanks softened to see his first love and his best friend support each others for comfort.

Obviously Rune is bringing such huge impact to everyone to have such sorrow and devastated faces they have. He could tell that everyone really admired and look up to him.

Whitebeards felt the same thing.

"What are we going to do?" Hearing the news from them, the remaining survivors are exchanged looks with fear in their eyes.

"We need to hide," Oliver suggested with serious look. "Somewhere where marines won't find us and where Crust won't find us as well."

"But how?" Haruta questioned. "With marines everywhere in that island, they can't escape the island because of the barrier and they've nowhere to run! Who know when will Joules come back alive."

They stiffened, completely forgotten about the former marine who massacred the village and attempted to kill Oliver's father to threaten Rune.

"That son of a bitch better be dead," Ace snarled. "I don't want that fucker near my uncle!"

"There's another cave nearby," a man with blond hair offered. "I can use my ability to hide all of us properly with illusion."

"I can use my ability for a lookout," a woman with blue hair is also offer. "With both of us, it will be easier in case there's marines or Crust nearby."

The audience stared.

"... Damn..." Nemuri said with impressed face. "Just how many abilites that are actually useful?!"

"Would be nice to have a party every day," Shanks said with drool. His crewmates are chuckling, laughing out loud and nodded excitedly.

"I wish I have such a cool ability!" Usopp drooled at the thought of becoming the great sniper.

"Then we need to hurry," Risa stand up with Lucas next to her closely.

"We can't waste time."