Secret Of The Past (26)

A muffled sound and the hand twitch once more before grasped the vine.

The oval is shuffling, move left and right before managed to pull the small vine revealing a lone teary eye.

Ace hitched his breath, his heart drop after seeing his little brother's eye.

"Poor little guy," Thatch almost sobbed since he has soft spot on kids. "He must be really scared."

Luffy whimpered at the aura leaking and struggle to escape but the vines is too tight and he's having a hard time breathing despite the few small holes.

He looked around and all he see is darkness till he saw a shape of a man limping against the vine wall.

He let out a muffled scream, recognized the man somehow and stretched out his arm.

Just in time when the light shine dimly from between the intense, a familiar man is showing.

They widened their eyes and gasped.

Ace is trembling, wide eyes and mouth in silent scream as he saw his grandfather in terrible shape.

Rune is missing his arm and lower body, blood stains everywhere and he looked like he's been crushed by hand.

"Grandpa... Grandpa!" He yelled, stand up and got held back by Scourge who used levitation.

"Enough."

"The hell it is! I-"

"His brother will save them," Scourge remind him. "In case you're forgotten, this is Luffy's past."

Ace gulped, looked frustrated and finally sit down after minutes of silent. The Whitebeards sighed with relief to see their brother is unharmed.

However they cannot ignored the anger boiling inside of them upon seeing the state of Ace's grandfather.

Luffy tugged the vine as hard as he could and he whined that he's not strong like his brother does.

A sudden memory of him bursting out flames make his eye brighten up.

He easily burst out his flames out from his palm and the vines is shaking before pulled away.

He coughed, able to free himself but got stuck on his lower body and stared worriedly at the man.

"Oji-san!" He cried.

"He's alive..." Sabo sighed.

"Rune-san is still alive!" Izou breathes. "I thought that he was dead!"

"We all do," Jiru nods.

"Oji-san! Oji-san wake up!" He cried, attempting to wake him up.

Fortunately Rune heard his voice and let out a weak groan, revealing his bloody eyes.

"... Luffy...?"

Ace almost sobbed after hearing his voice. He's so glad to see him alive and well.

"Oji-san!" Luffy let out a smile.

"Are... y-you... hurt...?"

"No," he shook his head.

Rune smiled warmly despite the pain he's in and missing his lower body. It's a miracle that he's alive.

"I-I'm... glad..."