04| Human Memories

Sometimes getting wasted and not returning to earth where two of your fathers tried to blow you up is the right move.

So, maybe that's why I chose it.

Like every normal person, I had a bar of choice where I was best friends with the bartender. It was a small bar located in Nornheim that changed my life if you could believe that, it was a bar of hopes and dreams.

Although I should probably try to make it home for dinner, or inform my wife that we would have guests.

We sat down in a booth,  Guardians and Elementals combined, all of those who agreed it would be my role to get us some drinks.

"Did you get tequila, the earthly shit? Or am I stuck drinking weird juice stuff every time I visit you?"

I sat down in front of the bartender I knew all too well, one that was more than happy to welcome me to his establishment once again.

"We have missed you too Y/N.." He smiled, giving me a handshake from behind the bar, he was classy in that sense.

"Your a lot taller than I remember, Ear-Al.." I joked, knowing where this conversation would go.

"Well, your human memories aren't the same as mine.." He sniggered before grabbing the beer bottle. "I heard about what happened, with the Mad Titan, I apologize.."

There it is, the sympathy.

"You don't have to be sorry, it's not your fault.." I replied, the smile whipping from my face as I began to drink.

"How's everyone holding up?" He asked, trying to be considerate.

"As well as they can, it's been five months, we can only take it a day at a time.." I responded, I
really didn't want to talk about this. "Can I get a round of anything you recommend?"

He nodded.

"How's Celeste?" He asked again, keeping the memory of the worst day of my life alive.

"Celeste is fine, Ear-Al. She would be asleep now, I believe.." I replied.

"You haven't been at my bar for over five months, since the incident, what are you really doing here?" He asked, taking some weird pink alcohol and pouring it into a shot glass.

"You're meant to be working, not drinking.." I smiled, thinking I could get out of this one.

"You're avoiding the question.." He smiled back, taking the shot.

"Some old people from my time on Earth caught up with me. One of them is the spawn of Thanos, so I have to break the news to her now that her fathers head will be mounted on my wall, no matter what she says or how I have to do it.." I replied, probably not what he expected.

Well okay, not what he expected, but definitely what everyone else knew Madam Mayhem would expect after the incident.

"Revenge isn't a good look on anyone.." He said, attempting to change my plans. "Especially you.."

Always a wise man.

"See that picture on the wall?" I said, pointing to behind the bar and looking to Ear-Al's eyed meet it, "The bastard took that from me, I'll do what I like.."

"You know, the first time I met you you weren't like this, revenge-driven. You were a kid, with that Wanda girl, I've never met two people more in love. You were at the bar and yelled, 'Can we get a dartboard up in here'-"

"Then you informed me that darts isn't played in space.." I recalled, thinking of a happier time and sipping away at my beer.

"You can change your mind, you don't have to seek this type of revenge.." He frowned, no doubt a small bit disappointed.

"It's all too late now, but I don't care. He's a dead grape. Plus, I've avoided them ever since Kree, I think I owe the Guardians at least a drink.." I said, thinking back to those bastards.

"I dislike the Kree, very political people.." He pointed out, taking a rag and beginning to clean down the bar.

"I dislike the Kree cause they almost killed me, dickheads.." I groaned, looking to see where all the drinks were.

"You know, Ser-Al is going to earth for that tequila drink and those peanut things, would you like anything back? I know you stopped visiting that planet, many years ago.." He asked, opening the chilled bottle and passing it to me.

"He can tell Tony Stark to go fuck himself, that would make my day. Although I might be going to hurt that fucker very very soon.." I smirked, knowing I wouldn't be on that planet to do it myself.

"Alright.." He smiled, cleaning his glasses again and turning around, "Would you like the picture? It's only hanging because you and Wanda practically pleaded for it to be on display. I wasn't even the one to put it up there, your friend Matteo hopped over the bar and put the teams portrait up.." He set aside the glasses, taking it off the wall.

"We didn't take many photos together, too busy saving the stars, I'm glad there's a good one. Can I pick it up on my way home?" I spoke, holding on the tears as he handed the frame to me.

"Well, sure. Run along back to your friends, I shall send you over more drinks in a moment.." He said, handing me the tray.

I smiled and said goodbye for the moment and headed to the table, excitement filling everyone when drinks arrived. I dished them out and that's when the real conversation began.

"Why, why did you leave us?" Gamora opened with.

"We found the tesseract, we knew we needed to protect it. The elements had fallen out of order after I killed Davina. We had to leave you.." I explained.

"No note, no goodbye, you just disappeared. I remember the day I picked you both up from that prison, god it was really something" She spoke, sipping her drink.

"Really something indeed.."

The Gen-Z Avenger| Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें