036| Great Parents

*6 years ago*

I was just a kid.

Laying down on my girlfriend's lap, talking and laughing. It was peaceful, family-filled fun on a random Saturday.

"When we have kids-" Wanda started.

"Oh, so we're having kids now?" I looked up at her, she was bending her neck down to look me in the eyes.

"Well, I'd like to think we'd grow old and have a few grandkids to boss around and a few dogs.." Wanda laughed, others joining in.

"Another Y/N.." Sam thought of what could possibly come of that, "I'd run and hide, never to be seen again.."

"Well, you'd have to bring Bucky with you.." I mocked.

"I don't know why you think I'm into Bucky, I'm straight!" Sam yelled back.

No, Sam, you were just in denial.

"Back on topic, kids.." Wanda stirred the conversation back on track.

"I don't think I'd be good with kids. I can't cook, I can't clean, I am awful at keeping myself alive-"

"I know how to cook, clean and keep you alive.." Wanda inputted.

"Look, there is a 97% chance this kid will be messed up because of me. I mean you've seen me with Cassie.." I explained.

"Actually you are Cassie's favourite babysitter, I think you'll work well with kiddos.." Scott replied, sipping some coffee. Mans always had coffee or juice, I only noticed that now.

"I gave that kid ice cream for all three meals and gave her twenty bucks to tell you that.." I replied, Scott, referring to his choices.

"I think you'd be a great parent, your bossy and assertive. You could turn a child into a mini you.." Tony thought about what that would mean for him, "Yeah maybe not, I don't need my therapist to hear about you more than she already has to."

"Y/N as a mother wouldn't be a bad idea, I think she'd be a good parent. Maybe she'd learn a thing or two about listening.." Steve said, raising his eyebrow in a captain manner.

"What did you say?" I leaned up and looked at him, seeing the eye roll in a captain manor.

"You would name your kid something like Girlboss, I guarantee it!" Peter joked.

"I'm naming a child something responsible, it's a big decision!" I argued.

"Oh please, you once told me you'd name a kid Missy and it would be short for mistake!" Loki called out.

"Did you really say that?" Wanda whispered down at me.

"Maybe.." I smirked.

"I was thinking like, Willow or Apryl.." Wanda suggested.

"What about Bill?" I offered.

"You will have no input in our kid's name." Wanda cut me off.

"I can't name it, I have no idea on how to care for it, all signs that I shouldn't be a parent!" I announced.

"We should get you one of those fake babies and see if it works for you.." Bucky spoke.

"That sounds like a good idea.."

After 58 minutes, I lit the fake baby on fire.

Now you might wonder where my child's names came from. Well, the name itself means heavenly and that has absolutely no influence over why we picked this name.

The real reason is, I thought celeste was another word for a star. Turns out it has no association. We also did that thing where you say names to the child and see what interests them, technically she picked it.

I'd consider myself a good parent now, so got the hang of it eventually. I can change a diaper and identify a hunger cry. Was my only mistake teaching her bad words behind her other mothers back? Maybe.

Wanda was not impressed that her baby's first full sentence was "fuck off".

You can tell she's my child. I can wait to see her grow up.