Chapter 1 | Important

⭐ Rafe's POV⭐

There are many who want me dead.

But as for me, I never reciprocated their feelings. Except for that one person.

Innocent looks yet not so innocent personality.

Big, dark brown, beautiful eyes which only knows how to shoot daggers. At me.

Plump, luscious lips with feistiness dripping from them.

Small, straight nose which is always in my business.

And the dark brown, wavy hair which keeps falling over her forehead, irritating her just like she irritates me.

I looked down to her picture in my phone's gallery. Standing with her arms around my mother's shoulder. A wide grin on her face. My grip on my phone tightened.

Leona Wilbrose. I fucking hate you!

"Good morning, Mr Andrews." My assistant, greeted me as she saw me walking past her desk.

I nodded curtly. "Morning." Because there was nothing good about this morning.

"Well...", she continued to speak. "You have a meeting in half an hour with the--"

I cut her off. "Not now, Milly. I'm not in a mood to attend any meeting. Cancle it please."

She was a few years older than me and has been working for me for the past three years.

She frowned slightly and shrugged. "Okay...then maybe your friend might lift up your mood."

"Friend?"

She nodded. "Yeah. He came here a few minutes ago before you and barged into your office as if he owns it."

I rolled my eyes. "According to him...he does own it."

She chuckled softly and I made my way towards my office, pushing open my office door, I walked in, scowling on seeing my so called friend sitting on my chair with his legs on my desk eating a block of chocolate.

He paused eating his chocolate and looked up at me with a grin on his face.

"Westly." I hissed. "Get off my chair!"

He ran his fingers through his short, blonde hair and frowned slightly. "Oh, come on, bro. I came to meet you."

"I have warned you before too, don't sit in my chair. It's only for me." I reminded him in a sharp tone.

He rolled his dark, blue coloured eyes. "You are saying as if it's a living thing." And he pushed back the chair and got up.

I walked towards my chair and removing my coat, draped it over the back of the chair and slumped down on it while he leaned against the desk, with a small pout on his lips, looking down at me.

I leaned back and rubbed my temples. "Why don't you just leave?", I asked when I realised that he wasn't in a mood to leave anytime soon.

"Doesn't any of those stupid lessons, which your dad taught you, says to respect your best friend?"

I sighed loudly realising I was being rude for no reason. "I'm sorry", I muttered.

He again rolled his eyes and went and sat down on the chair infront of my desk.

"I thought you would be happy since your best friend's coming...", he said noticing the scowl on my face.

"Best friend?", I asked, baffled. But when he gave me a toothy grin, I realised who he meant. I threw a pen at him. "She's not my best friend!"