Chapter 21 | Sky Full Of Stars

⭐ Rafe's POV ⭐

I am whipped. Completely.

That day when she tried to play that stupid prank, I got a goddamn heart attack. I thought I lost her and that thought was enough to make my heart shatter into pieces and at that moment I knew I was in love with her and I could never lose her.

Maybe I always had feelings for her because...

The day I first saw her, a ten year old kid, entering our backyard, with her head tilted slightly, her big chocolatey eyes filled with curiousity, made my heart skip a beat.

For a moment I paused, everything around me paused (except Addison's delivery that hit me in the chest).

She looked like a little angel, so innocent and cute and heart started to beat at a fast rate.

Only when I got hit by that ball, I realised that she was just a kid and I was developing some weird feelings for her. She was just a kid. And I felt so angry at myself for looking at a child that way, it was so pathetic.

I was furious at myself. So, so, so, furious.

And then she had the audacity to laugh at me which caused to glare at her making her laugh even more. And at that moment I decided that it was much better to hate her at least that won't be weird.

And that's what I did for the next thirteen years until we got married and things started to change.

I had to spend every day of my life with her, share my room with her, bicker with her which I quite enjoyed and almost every morning, I woke up to her.

Those old feelings started to grow back but this time, she wasn't a kid anymore, she was a woman and she was my wife.

My wife. And there's no way I am letting her go now. The contract can go to hell. She's staying with me now, forever.

But that is only when...she wants to stay. I...I... can't force her...

What if she doesn't want to stay with me anymore? I mean...she must be missing her home...her parents...

They are the important members of her life...unlike me.

My heart clenched at that thought.

I really, really hope something changes after last night. After we consummated our marriage.

"Rafe!" I suddenly heard her whine loudly.

I turned my head to the side where she was walking beside me but she wasn't there.

"Leona...where--" I turned around to see her sitting on the ground, cross legged, her hands folded across her chest and an adorable pout on her lips.

"What happened?" I asked walking closer to her and crouching down infront of her.

"I'm tired, idiot!" She complained.

"And...?"

She looked at me in disbelief. "And? What do you mean and? I'm tired! I can't walk anymore."

"And you want me to carry you, huh?"

Her eyes lit up, and she gave me a toothy grin while nodding her head. "Yes!"

I sat down cross legged on the ground, infront of her. "And you think I won't get tired myself because of carrying you?"

"But you are a man and--"

"That's very sexist of you." I remarked, cutting her off. "Be independent, baby. Be a feminist!"

"I am a feminist! But...but... can't you carry me? I'm so tired because of you only."