Chapter 10 | Butterflies

Thank you everyone for commenting on the previous chapter, I loved reading your comments, keep doing that! I love you all 💕
And yes, thank you for 2,300 reads too 💖💖💖

⭐ Rafe's POV ⭐

There's not even a single second of my life that I don't regret marrying her but at the same time, there's not even a single second that I don't enjoy troubling her.

But right now, I'm definitely regretting it as she sat inside the car, parked outside dad's mansion, refusing to come out just because I dragged her here.

"If you don't come out right now, I'm going to carry you inside myself." I warned as I stood right outside the passenger's seat door with my arms folded.

I glanced at my wrist watch for the hundredth time and now, I had enough.

I opened her door and bending down, unbuckled her seatbelt as she started to smack my shoulder. "Leave me alone, idiot!"

Ignoring her, I picked her up in my arms (bridal style) and started to carry her inside and she started to curse at me.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you so much!" She yelled.

I glanced down at her and gave her a tight smile. "Thank you for your confession, Mrs Andrews; I have the same feelings for you."

She groaned loudly and pouted angrily, glaring at me.

I carried her towards the front door and gestured her to press the doorbell which she didn't do until I gave her a deadly glare.

A few seconds later, Raven opened the door and seeing me carrying a furious looking Leona, she chuckled loudly and gestured us to get inside.

I continued to carry her into the living room where everyone was waiting for us as they all looked at us in confusion, worry and amusement.

Everyone was seated around the couch, so, walking towards them, all of a sudden, I dropped her down on one of the empty couch.

She was quick to get up and glare at me. "You fucking idiot!"

"Yes?", I said in a saccharin tone to irritate her.

She took a step closer and grabbed my collar which caused everyone to stand up immediately in order to intervene except dad who sat there, face palming himself.

"Whoah, whoah, whoah, calm down, Leona, calm down." Uncle Matt got in between us, gently pushing both of us away. "There's no need to be violent."

"Uncle! Please tell him to stop troubling me." She whined, grabbing uncle Matt's arm and placing her head on his shoulder with a pout on her lips.

Uncle wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Rafe. She's like my own daughter so you better not try to hurt her again."

"Seriously? All I did was to bring her here and she is creating a fuss out of it." I defended myself.

"He didn't let me get ready nicely, I couldn't even wear my earings!" She complained.

"You weren't going to do modeling that you needed to get ready nicely." I spoke and behind me, Harris chuckled and so did dad.

She glared at me and took a step forward only to be pulled back by uncle. "It's okay...I'll handle him."

"Um...why don't we all have dinner now, I'm really hungry." Dad interrupted, diverting the topic.

Mom agreed with him and left to set the dining table along with aunty Delancy.

I sighed and was about to move away when Harris approached Leona and engulfed her in a hug making me freeze.