Chapter 20 | Desire

⭐ Leona's POV ⭐

I felt someone touching my face which made me scrunch up my nose and shut my eyes tightly because it disturbed my sleep.

And then my cheek was being gently caressed so with my eyes still closed, I just slapped it away, frowning.

I heard a deep chuckle and I could feel my hair being brushed away from my forehead and a gentle kiss was placed there.

"Baby?" Rafe whispered softly.

And I had to bite my lips to stop myself from smiling at the endearment.

"I know you are awake so stop pretending because we will be getting late. I already let you sleep for some extra time while I got freshened up."

When I still made no efforts to get up, he sighed. "You left me with no options then...other than this..."

Wait, what?

And as usual, water was thrown over my face making me gasp loudly and sprang up straight.

I glared at Rafe who sat beside me, trying to stifle his laugh, a bottle of water in his hand which was now half empty.

"How dare you!" I yelled at him. "Can't you just wake me up like a normal person?"

He shrugged. "I did try to..."

"You are an idiot, Rafe Hanzall Andrews! And you--"

I was cut off as he leaned forward and pressed his lips on mine, making my eyes widen and he pulled back a few seconds later. "Goodmorning, my dear wife. Now please get ready because we are running late. Is this way better?"

I was still not used to us kissing and all, so all I could do was blush hard and avert my eyes from him but not before I saw him smiling softly while looking at me.

When I glanced up at him again, he had suddenly leaned closer again making my heart race at our close proximity as he gazed into my eyes intensely. He lifted his hand and gently grabbed the back of my neck, pulling my face closer to him, close enough for our lips to brush lightly.

"Now, Mrs Andrews, are you getting up or do I need to use some other ways this time? And may I add that those ways will take a lot of time." His voice low and husky, a slight smirk gracing his lips.

I hope he didn't notice the way I clenched my thighs together and gulped audibly.

He cocked his head slightly when I didn't reply. "Should I...?"

I quickly shook my head which made him pout his lips and pull back. "Well, that's sad."

Looking away from him, I got up immediately and scrambled out of the tent as I heard him chuckle to himself behind me.

.
.
.

Warning: Mature Content Ahead...

Later that night, we both were once again setting up our tent.

"Rafe?" I called him softly.

He was lighting up a small fire and without looking up at me he said, "Yes?"

"What if we find this pen drive on time?"

He continued to light up the fire. "Then this fucking Carl won't trouble us anymore."

"So..." My voice turned gloomy. "This... marriage...this contract, it will...it will end, right? It will end before the six months are over?"

His hands paused, his whole body froze for a second actually and then his head snapped upto me, with an unreadable expression written all over his face.