Chapter 3 | Six Months

⭐ Leona's POV ⭐

"Nelson, you better say it before I punch you hard. We don't have all day", uncle Matt spoke. Why the hell they all are afraid to say it?

A few more threats and glares later... uncle Nelson dropped the biggest bomb in the entire history. "We have decided to merge the companies by getting you both married to each other."

Time froze. But my jaw fell open.

Marriage. With Rafe. That's all my brain registered.

Slowly, very slowly I turned my head to look at the asshole whom I am supposed to marry. He did the same thing. Looking at me in shock.

We stared at each other, not moving. And then I gaged all of a sudden realising I have to marry him. Him.

And his chair was lightly tilted back and he fell down on his back along with the chair, coughing loudly clutching his throat as if he couldn't breath while I was gagging.

Uncle Nelson placed his palm over his face, blowing out air from his mouth as if he already expected this reaction from us.

"Give them water", father said to no one in particular.

"Give them whiskey." Uncle Nelson gave a better option. And uncle Matt gave him a pointed look, silently telling him to shut up.

Harris got up from his seat and left in the direction of the kitchen to get water or whiskey...who knows.

Eventually, I stopped gagging and Rafe's coughing stopped as he stood up straight and picked up the chair from the floor. His face was flushed because of coughing so much and his eyes were wide.

"That's the solution you all came up with?", he questioned in disbelief. "Seriously?"

I looked around the table at everyone's sheepish expressions. "Don't tell me you all knew about it?"

Addison smiled sheepishly and nodded lightly and so did my mother, both the aunts and Raven.

I gritted my teeth and refrained myself from lashing out at them all. They knew. They all fucking knew.

Harris returned from the kitchen with a bottle of whiskey in his hand as he placed it on the table infront of us.

Uncle Matt gave his son a 'are you fucking serious' look as he sat down on his chair.

I ignored them. "I'm not marrying him!" I stated firmly to father and uncle pointing a finger at him.

Rafe scoffed loudly and rolled his eyes. "I'm not interested either." He finally sat down beside me.

Father rubbed his temples as he thought about something. Uncle Matt sighed loudly as he leaned back and uncle Nelson...well...he was reaching towards the bottle of whiskey trying to be subtle at which he failed. And uncle Matt smacked his shoulder telling him to stop behaving like a kid.

And I realised that when Harris went into the kitchen, he even brought a packet of chips from which he, Raven and Addison were secretly eating as they watched us as if a show is going on.

Rafe seemed to notice that and he gave his twin and his cousins a deadly glare.

"Father", I finally spoke up. "I don't need a man to keep me safe. I'm not marrying anyone especially not him."

"Leona...and Rafe...", uncle Matt said softly. "We thought this through. This is the only solution we have right now. And for some other solution we need time which we don't have."