Chapter 6 | Meeting

⭐ Rafe's POV ⭐

I always wanted to get married.

But not to her.

Definitely not her. Never in a million years. But since when destiny started to grant us the things we desire?

The elevator opened on my floor...or should I say our floor.

I stepped out of the elevator with Leona following behind me and lead her towards my office.

I walked in and turned to her. "This is my office. And adjacent to it, is yours." Her eyes roamed my office and she nodded in understanding.

"Milly, my assistant will explain and provide you with everything you need." I told.

She rolled her eyes. "I know what I need to do, I don't need anyone explaining me everything like a child."

"You are a child." I stated.

She glared at me. "I'm not a child and you better stop calling me a kid."

I walked closer to her. "You are six years younger to me, so, for me, you are a kid. Don't argue on that."

Her eyes narrowed. "Then technically you don't get married to a kid."

"You are a above eighteen so, that makes you an adult and I can marry you."

She smirked. "There, you admitted it yourself that I am an adult not a kid."

What the hell.

I opened my mouth to argue but she just turned around to leave. "Bye, idiot."

"Don't call me that." I snapped making her stop and turn around.

She raised a brow amusingly. "Why? Don't you like that name, idiot?"

My jaw clenched. "Leona, don't. That's what mom calls dad and I don't want you calling me that."

She grinned mischeiviously. "Whatever you say, idiot. I'll see you later."

There was a knock on the door all of a sudden which prevented me from cursing her.

The door slowly opened and Westly poked his head inside with a grin on his face. "Hello, everyone!"

I rolled my eyes as he came in with a chocolate cupcake in his hand.

"Hey, Leona!" He greeted her, extending his other hand for a hand shake.

She shook his hand with a small smile on her face. "I've seen you somewhere before."

"Yeah, at your wedding yesterday." Westly reminded her in a duh tone.

"No. I mean yes, I did see you at the wedding but I have seen you somewhere else too...on the television maybe...?"

Westly smiled softly at her. "Oh, yes. Sorry, I didn't introduce myself. Westly Coleman, the captain of the Australian Cricket Team."

"And the second most respected person in Australia." I added, proudly though I would never admit it to him.

Leona's eyes lit up. "Oh! That's why you looked familiar. I did see you during one of the cricket match between England."

"You watch cricket?" I was surprised.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, idiot. I do watch cricket because it's not a complex thing us American won't understand."

I remembered what I told her when we first met that 'you Americans won't understand it.'