Chapter 4 | Mrs Andrews

⭐ Rafe's POV ⭐

I used to pity the man who would marry her.

Not realising how ironical that sentence was. I could imagine destiny laughing at me.

I was getting married. No more dating, no more sleeping around. No more flirting.

Not that I used to sleep with every other woman...cause gentlemen don't go around having one night stands. Not my words but dad's.

My last relationship lasted for three months until it broke off two months ago.

She was good, sweet and caring but no matter who I date, it never works. Never. I am never able to fall in love with them.

Because there is someone else your heart desires. Someone who is going to be your wife. My conscience replied making my jaw clench. That's not true. That's definitely not true.

"You look like you are about to murder someone...relax, Rafe." Westly's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I realised I was standing at the altar waiting for Leona to make her entrance. And he was my best man.

I took a deep breath, calming myself down and I lowered my eyes.

"Damn. She is looking so beautiful." Westly remarked and my eyes snapped up to him, looking at him with a frown and he gestured to the front and my eyes fell on Leona walking down the aisle with uncle.

" Westly remarked and my eyes snapped up to him, looking at him with a frown and he gestured to the front and my eyes fell on Leona walking down the aisle with uncle

My mouth slightly parted in surprise, the frown vanishing from my face.

Is it wrong to admit that your enemy is looking gorgeous? In my case, yes.

The veil covered her face, her eyes lowered, everyone's eyes fixed on her as she walked towards me slowly.

Her eyes clashed with mine, she was subtly glaring at me as if I was the one to force her into this marriage. I matched her glare with my own.

Finally, she reached me and I took a step forward, extending my hand for her to hold it. She rolled her eyes and placed her hand on top of mine and holding it gently, I made her stand in front of me and the priest started the ceremony.

I didn't pay attention to whatever the priest was saying and neither was she because she was busy glaring at me under her eyelashes especially because I was holding both her hands in mine, which she didn't like.

"Do you, Rafe Andrews take Leona Wilbrose to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked.

I saw her mouthing to me, "Say no." Believe me I wanted to but a thought crossed my mind.

She will be my wife, she will stay with me. I can trouble her at every point of the day, tease her, taunt her, prank her.

One side of my lips curled up into a smirk and her eyes widened slightly.