Chapter 19 | Awkwardness

⭐ Leona's POV ⭐

It's fucking awkward between us.

After he kissed me...

And may I add, I kissed him back too...

He just started to walk away without saying anything and I had no option but to follow him. An awkward silence enveloping us.

My lips were still tingly from the kiss and I could still taste his lips upon mine causing me to lick them every minute.

He walked infront of me, his shoulders looked tensed and I hated the silence between us.

But I sighed softly knowing there's nothing I can do to make it better so I just followed him.

At night, when we had set up our tents and retired to sleep. Even though we agreed to sleep closer every night, but I laid as far as I could from him, with my back towards him. I didn't even bother to ask him to share the blanket with me and just curled up in a ball and closed my eyes.

A minute later, I felt warmth engulf me as the blanket was pulled over me and Rafe's arm wrapped around my waist, pulling my back into his chest, his face nuzzling in my neck making my heart skip a beat.

My eyes opened and I started to shift away from him but he tightened his grip around my waist; his lips brushing against my neck. "This is what we agreed on. Stop moving away." His voice still sounded cold.

I didn't reply and just stilled in his hold.

Being exhausted, I was about to sleep soon and somewhere in between, I felt him pressing a kiss to the top of my head but I fell asleep before I could think much of it.

.
.
.

I woke up to find Rafe sleeping on his stomach, his face buried in my neck, his arm wrapped around my body while my arm was around his shoulder.

If only I could wake up to him like this for the rest of my life.

If only...

I gently ran my fingers through his hair that felt so silky and smooth between my fingers.

He suddenly started to groan making me retract my fingers instantly. He slowly removed his face from my neck and lifted his head coming face to face with me.

I held back my breath as he stared at me intensely, our faces close to each other and for a second his eyes dropped down to my mouth before he cleared his throat lightly and pushed himself off me.

"Get ready soon, we have to leave." He spoke again in that cold tone making me almost cry at that.

Why is he being so cold to me? He's the one to kiss me...I didn't even do anything.

Rafe! Why are you doing this to me?!

.
.
.

We once again started our journey in an awkward silence which was becoming unbearable with every passing minute.

And I had enough...I was going to confront him.

I took long strides and walking past him, stood infront of him blocking his way and he stopped, looking at me with a neutral expression.

"Rafe, stop giving me this silent treatment! Why are you so angry with me? Please stop it!" I finally said it.

He looked away from me. "We don't have much time to waste."

I stepped closer to him and shoved his chest. "What did I even do? You have to atleast tell me. It's... it's... hurting..."

His eyes snapped upto me and he stepped closer. "You think the prank you pulled yesterday was funny, huh?"