Chapter 12 | Four More Months

⭐ Rafe's POV ⭐

We were trained assassins now.

I mean I won't be surprised if dad or uncle tell us that for our next task we have to assassinate a few people.

One and a half months of training, learning how to fight, how to shoot and what not.

But...I am kinda enjoying this too, knowing how to punch properly and all. If only I had learnt all this earlier, there were a number of people I felt like beating up.

"Ouch!" I placed my palm over my jaw where Leona punched me and I stumbled back a few steps due to the impact.

She grinned seeing me in pain. "You were lost in your thoughts."

I shot her a glare. "Seriously? You didn't have to punch so hard." And I sat down on the floor holding my jaw.

It really hurt. Damn, she's getting stronger.

She sighed and sat down in front of me and gently removed my hand from my jaw to inspect the bruise that was forming there. "Let me see."

"It's not that bad..." She remarked. "No need to be dramatic about it."

She was about to get up but I grabbed her hand and pulling her down, tackled her to the ground, pinning both of her hands at the side of her head making her eyes widen in surprise.

"We have to attend a charity event tonight and you gave me a bruise." I complained, glaring at her.

She gulped and turned her head sideways. "S-so what...no one is... going to notice it. Now...now get off me..."

"What if I don't?"

"Then I am going to kick you in your balls." She warned.

But unfortunately for her, I had locked her legs between mine.

"Try it." I whispered, brushing my lips against her ear and very slowly and teasingly, ran the tip of my nose under her ear to the base of her neck and she let out a shaky breath.

By then her eyes were closed and she was sucking on her bottom lips breathing heavily. The sight infront of me was heavenly and it took everything in me to not lose control.

Before I could lose control completely and do things which I shouldn't, I lifted myself off her and got up and her eyes opened slowly and widened immediately realising what happened.

My lips twisted up into a smirk. "Did you expect a kiss, Mrs Andrews?" I teased.

She sat up straight quickly and glared at me, her cheeks coated in a shade of pink.

I extended my arm towards her to help her get up but she slapped it away and got up herself and wasted no time in leaving from there, slamming the door shut.

I smiled to myself remembering her flushed face.

Not a second later, I heard Leona scream.

God. What happened now?

I instantly ran out of the gym to see what happened and stopped seeing her standing there with her hand over her heart.

"Who the hell barges in someone's house like that?" She yelled and I followed her gaze to the dining table where sat Westly.

"I came to see my bestfriend." He help up both his hands in defence.

"Westly!" I shouted excitedly and running towards him, engulfed him in a tight hug.

He hugged me and I heard Leona muttered. "You both are crazy." And then I heard her retreating footsteps.

I pulled back from the hug, smiling widely. "When did you come back?"