Chapter 18 | Explosion

⭐ Leona's POV ⭐

I woke up to find my face pressed up against Rafe's chest as I snuggled into him, my arm wrapped around his body tightly.

What the hell? Am I that desperate that I cuddled with him while sleeping.

But then I realised that Rafe's arm was also wrapped around my waist and his chin rested on top of my head.

So, he's the one to cuddle with me! How dare he?!

But...but this is comfortable. A sigh left my mouth as I found myself snuggling into him more.

Let me just enjoy this for a minute more. Then I will yell at him.

This is so good! I don't wanna get up now! This is the first time I cuddled with anyone.

I never had a boyfriend cause I didn't want to and all the men I slept with...well they were just a one night stand so I obviously never cuddled with them.

But this man is making me regret not having a boyfriend. But on the other hand, he's the reason I never dated anyone.

He broke my little, innocent heart indirectly and yet it always craved for him only which caused me to never fall for anyone.

He's my husband now yet he isn't mine.

Deep down I know I am falling for him. Again.

And I know that I will get my heart broken again because this marriage will end soon but I can't help but wish for us to be together forever.

Sighing, I glanced up at his face and smiled softly. Whish you could be mine, Rafe.

But he can't, I took a deep breath and tried to stop my heart from feeling all those emotions. Hating him is better, this way I won't get hurt.

With that in mind, I smacked his shoulder and shoved him away making him groan and turn on his back, his grip around my waist loosening.

Removing his arm, I shifted away from him. "You idiot! Why were you cuddling with me?"

He groaned once again and turned his back towards me and mumbled something which I couldn't understand.

I sat up straight and shook his shoulder. "Wake up! And answer me!"

He slapped my hand away. "Shut up, let me sleep." His hoarse voice did weird things to me.

But I quickly cleared that thought away. "Are you serious? Get up right now! And tell me why did you cuddle with me?"

He finally turned on his back and facing me, shot me a glare. "Do you know why you are alive right now?"

My brows furrowed together. "Because God wants me to...?"

His lips pressed in a thin line. "No. Because last night I decided it would be better to cuddle with you instead of letting you freeze to death!"

Um...

"What?"

"You were shivering and whimpering due to the cold especially because your stupid ass forgot to bring the sleeping bags and if not for me, you would have been dead till now."

My mouth formed an 'O' as I looked at him blankly not knowing what to say.

Then slowly a sheepish smile formed on my face. "Oh..."

He rolled his eyes at my reaction and stood up, running his fingers through his hair in a sexy way and I licked my lips.

He then continued to stretch up his arms causing his t shirt to ride up giving me a view of his V line and he bit his lips.