Chapter 14 | My Husband

⭐ Rafe's POV ⭐

"I am not in love with her for the millionth time."

I tried explaining this to Westly but he kept disagreeing to that.

"Okay, fine...", he said taking a sip of his drink, as we sat at a bar, drinking. "You say you hate her, right? Now, give me a reason as to why you hate her."

That question caught me off guard. Why I hate her?

"Um...I...she...she was rude to me when I first met her, that's why."

"But according to what you told me how you met her, it was you who was rude to her when you first met her."

"Will you stop interrogating me?"

"Just give me one reason, just one. Why does Rafe Andrews hate Leona Wilbrose or should I say Leona Andrews." He grinned at the last line.

"I am not answering that question because it's ridiculous, okay? Now shut up or else you will be paying for the drinks." I threatened.

"The drinks are on me tonight but you just tell me why you hate her."

I slammed down my glass on the table and got up. "You know what? I am going. Enjoy alone."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Whoah, whoah...wait a minute. Why are getting so angry about it?"

I rolled my eyes and sat back on the stool and he said, "Last question; I promise. Even if you don't love her...but later on, you start to catch feelings for her, will you accept them?"

I shot him a glare but answered anyway. "No."

"Why?"

I lowered my eyes and stared at the floor distantly. "Accept my feelings only for her to leave me in the end?"

"Why will she leave you, bro? She's your wife!"

I looked up at him as my heart clenched at that thought. "Exactly! She's my wife just for another four months. After that? She will go back, she will leave me and I will be alone again."

"Ouch. That must be a hurtful thought. Why are you overthinking so much?"

"I'm not overthinking. I am just stating a fact. So, please leave this topic." I requested him and he nodded slowly.

"Hey, I am holding a small party at my house tomorrow. And you are invited, of course." He spoke, finally changing the topic.

"Who all will be there?"

"A few of my teammates and you and...um...Leona." He replied.

I nodded. "Okay, I'll...ask her."

"I'll text you the details later.

I hummed in response and finished my drink as Westly got up and excused himself and went towards the direction of the washroom.

I leaned back against the counter and sighed softly, running my fingers through my hair.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw someone taking a seat beside me and I glanced to see a woman sitting there and she offered me a seductive smile.

I nodded curtly at her and looked away but she shifted closer and placed her hand over my bicep.

Can't people just stay away?

I glanced at her with a bored look and she again smiled like before and I stopped myself from cringing.

"Can I buy you a drink, handsome?" She asked in a slutty voice.

I shifted away and lifting my left hand, pointed to the ring on my ring finger. "Thank you but I am married, I'm not interested." I told her, politely telling her to fuck off.