Chapter 5 | Gift

⭐ Leona's POV ⭐

He lived in a penthouse.

My mouth almost dropped as I stepped out of the elevator and into his penthouse but I just couldn't admit that his house was gorgeous and boost his already boosted ego.

I followed behind him silently as he lead the way past the living room and up the staircase. He stopped in front of a door and opened the door.

"This is your room." He told me and I nodded and went inside the room.

While I was looking around the room, I realised that he already left and went inside his room which was opposite to mine.

I went inside the walk-in closet and noticed that all my clothes were already neatly placed there along with a few other clothes which I assumed were new.

I stripped out of the wedding dress and wore a pair of pyjama and a t shirt. Next I moved to the bathroom to get freshened up and remove all the make-up.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw a small box with a bow on top of it lying on the nightstand and picking it up, I opened it to reveal a beautiful wrist watch and a small note which stated:

Happy belated birthday, Mrs Andrews.

~Your dear husband❤️

An involuntary chuckle escaped my mouth. He's an idiot. I was too tired to say that I didn't want any gift, especially not from him and my birthday was two weeks ago.

But anyway, I accepted the gift.

Keeping it back on the nightstand, I got on the bed to sleep cause I was exhausted.

But there was a problem. I never ever slept in my room all alone. Even at the age of 23, when I used to live in my penthouse, I had a housekeeper, I was close to her and she used to sleep in my room because I'm afraid to sleep alone.

It's okay. I assured myself. I am big enough, I can sleep alone.

I switched off the lights and got under the duvet and curled up into a ball trying to sleep.

There was complete silence. Not even the slightest of noise.

Then I heard a noise...as if someone was opening the door. I peeked from the under the duvet and saw the door was closed firmly.

A few seconds later, I heard the same voice but this time it was coming from the bathroom door but when I checked, it was closed too.

I picked up another pillow and placed it over my ear. It's just my imagination. There's nothing here.

I just hope I sleep soon.

But unfortunately, I couldn't. I was feeling so scared and a sweat trickled down my forehead.

That's enough!

I threw off my duvet and got up, and grabbing the duvet in my hand and walked out of the room and towards Rafe's room.

I might hate him but I want to sleep and he's the only help I have right now.

I gently pushed open his door and peeked in. The room was dark and tranquil. I stepped in and closed the door behind me and walked closer to his bed.