Chapter 4

Tuesday. The first day of school, and I'd already be ditching it. I didn't want to be that type of kid where I'd always be skipping school after a party. Plus, it was my fault I went along with what Chloe said at 1.15 in the morning.

Mabel came in to check if I was okay, which I was knowing I'd be ditching school on the first day. Ugh, why is life hard when it gets harder and harder each time.

I take a quick shower and wash my hair. I softly dry my curls, like always and start to dress while the rest dries on its own. I put on a plain white cropped shirt and blue ripped jeans. I put on my Air Forces and went back into the bathroom to do my hair. Everyday is a new look. That's what Mother says, it's true. I pull my hair down and shake out the curls a little so I'd have a little more. I grab my new school bag, Louis Vuitton, and put all my books for the day in it.

"Darling! Are you reading to go?" Mabel called from downstairs. I left my room after opening and closing the windows. "Yes Mabel! I'm ready!"

I didn't think we'd have to leave before breakfast. Luckily my friends were meeting up at the mall across the street from school. Mabel gave me a zip lock bag and it had fairy bread in it. I smiled. Every time I go through something new, Mabel has always made me fairy bread. She knows it's my favourite food. "Thank you Mabel!" I hug her tightly.

"Now, you must be well behaved. No naughty business." She warned me.

Oh no.

"Yes, I understand." I kiss her cheek lightly.

We arrive at school, and I say goodbye to Mabel and Arthur, who can barely hear anything, poor thing. The limo leaves, and I casually walk into school before putting my books in my locker, along with my bag. I then go over to see if Gia and Lexi we're here yet. I wait by their lockers before I feel a figure behind me, someone taller than me but not tall. I turn around to see a guy, he was staring at me ever so sweetly.

"Hello pumpkin, what are you doing here on your own?" He asks patiently. He had a weird expression on his face but I just ignored it.

"I- I just started school, I'm waiting for Lexi and Gia. Have you seen them?" I asked politely. He leaned in closer to me which made me trip against Gia's locker.

"Maybe, you could leave them for today and come hangout with me." The same expression came back. I didn't know if he was playing a joke with me, or being serious. Another figure came behind him, I couldn't see who it was until the weird guy got knocked in the face.

Luke.

"Don't fucking disrespect a woman like that. You fucking disgusting cu-" I cut Luke off by covering his mouth. He looked at me concernedly before I shook my head and warned him a teacher was coming round.

"Boys! What is the meaning of this? Lucas? Paul? What is this?" An elderly lady teacher came out. She had an accent like me. She had glasses round her neck and was eyeing the boy who was being weird, which I amuse is, Paul and Luke.

"Sorry Ma'dam, Luke and Paul were just...playing a little rough." She noticed my accent and totally forgot bout the boys. "My goodness! You're the new student. Marie is it? Come come, let us have tea." She winked at me. I looked at Luke and mouthed 'You're welcome' before he took my wrist and smiled a 'thank you'.

I went into the British's teacher's classroom, and it had purple all over the walls with photos of cats. Ah, cats. I love them. I used to have a kitten called 'Daisy' but we had to leave her in England with Nanna. We couldn't bring her over to America. Mother wouldn't let us. "So dear, tell me. You're from England?" She nodded over to the flag at the back of the classroom. I giggled and smiled.