Chapter 15

Three knocks at the door and I knew it was Annie. I opened the door before heading out with her. Mother and Daddy let me skip breakfast, knowing I was going out with Annie. She was wearing a white and blue stripped cropped shirt with black jeans and white tennis shoes. She had a small backpack and her hair was out. Shoulder length. Annie's never wore makeup, she hated it. She still does, assuming she had none one.

I, however wore a black long sleeved cropped shirt, with blue ripped jeans. My hair was up in a high pony, and I had light makeup. I matched it with some black and white Jordan's. I had a little black Calvin Klein purse.

We headed to her car, and she drove to a small diner near my school. It was called 'Bright Life' It looked small but comfy for the both of us.

"Hi, table for two?" A young girl smiled. She looked my age. I nodded and she led us to a small table by the window. She left the table after placing menus beside us. Annie sat down and waited for me to do the same.

"So ho-" Annie cut me off and spoke quickly.

"Clarissa's boyfriend poisoned her." Clarissa was Annie's younger sister. She was currently dating this guy that she had kept a mystery, though only Annie knew about him. Annie and Clarissa were close, so whatever was told by Clarissa, Annie told me. So, I knew about her mysterious boyfriend.

"Oh my god, is she okay?" I gasped. Annie gripped the bridge of her nose.

"I hope she is. We took her to the hospital, so hopefully they're helping her. I'm honestly so bloody worried." She shook her head while speaking. I could tell she was nervous. I held her hand across the table, giving comfort.

"She'll be okay, I know she will." I kissed her hand.

"What if she's not?"

"Well, then I guess she's not; but we'll only think positive for now!" I smiled, letting her smile too. She nodded and kissed my hand back.

~~~
Lᴜᴋᴇ:
Marie came over, and told me all about her best friend Annie. I was happy she was opening up to me. I wanted to know that she and I could be open with each other. It's so good for relationships to be like that.

"-And get this, he apparently called Annie's Mother, Lois a horrible name." Marie sighed.

"What word?" I shook my head in confusion. Marie gave me a very sarcastic look.

"Oh; that."

Marie kept talking about how bad this boyfriend was of Annie's sister, and I felt that she was ranting a little too much. I didn't want her to go crazy. So I spoke up.

"Okay, well maybe you should talk about the good things? Did you catch up?" I changed the subject. Marie held her head in thought until she looked back at me and nodded.

"She told me about how her family are."

"Good, and what did you say?"

"I spoke bout you."

Wow, that felt good.

~~~
Marie and I had just finished our homework. After talking about her lunch date for over forty minutes, we decided to finish calculus homework. We then decided to relax a little, though it became boring after a while.

Marie started entertaining herself on my bed while I got really bored, and started to think what was happening this week. So far, I had a game tomorrow, and I had to visit Mom next week.

With Marie.

I was so excited for my family to meet her. They've been dying ever since. When I say "they're dying", I mean Stephanie. She won't stop asking about Marie. I mean what can I say? I can't argue.