Chapter 24

Lᴜᴋᴇ:

In Mom's household, you have to wipe your feet on the carpet outside, otherwise she'll hold a grudge.

That's not a joke.

"Luke! Marie! Hey, come in." Alexander greets us. Marie holds my hand tightly. I know Marie is definitely a shy person, so she just smiles.

"Hey Alex. How've you been?" I hug him, still holding onto Marie's hand.

We head into the living room, finding Josh and his best friend Christian sitting on the couch, playing some online game.

"Luke! Finally, I get to see you again!" Christian ran up to me, giving me a huge hug. He looked at Marie, before smiling.

"Hi girlfriend." He winked at Marie. She covered her mouth, letting out a giggle. I bent down facing him.

"Hey, this one's mine."

~~~

We greeted everyone at the table, while Mom put food around us. My Grandma was on her way, and I was super excited to see her. Dad was still coming, so he'd arrive a little later.

"So, Marie! Have anything you want, hon. I promise I can make more." Mom put her hands on Marie's shoulders, making her feel more welcome.

We continued eating, and all had conversations of our own, switching to new ones every couple of minutes. That is, until a loud bang is heard from the front door.

Alexander stood up worried, and looked at my Mom. I could see worry in Steph, Josh and Christian's eyes, before turning to Marie. She was fidgeting with her fingers.

"What was tha-" Josh covered Steph's mouth, gesturing for her to be quiet. She snatched his hand away, and rolled her eyes.

Alexander and Mom's stare didn't break at a second. So, I got up and walked towards the hallway, and over to the door. Mom worriedly watched me, but somewhat didn't stop me.

I walked up to the door, seeing the shape of a figure through its glass.

"Ugh. Lord help me, what is this stupi-" Grandma looked up. Her eyes widened.

"We'll, isn't it my little toy bear! Hello baby, how are you?" Grandma flew over to me, throwing
kisses all over my face.

I took her bags and followed her into the living room. Everyone had come to say hello. Steph was holding Marie's hand, and talking with her hands gesturing in Grandma' s position.

"You must be Marie. I'm Dove". Marie smiles and kisses her cheek. Grandma's eyes light up.

"I like you already."

~~~
Mᴀʀɪᴇ:
Dove spoke a lot about her husband, and I fancied it quite the bit. Every sentence she spoke of him, made her glance. The mention of his name, Edward, made her spectacularly happy.

"-And you know what he said to me?"

"What did he say?"

"He said that he loves me. It was beautiful." Her eyes light up, as if a light had hit the sight of her eyes.

Dove and I had been talking while everyone else had been in a very serious board game.

"Oh, you're all pathetic." Stephanie shouted, walking into her room and slamming the door.

"Idiot." Joshua mumbled. Luke hit the back of his head, before giving him a stern look.

Dove and I got carried away, like I said. She was talking about herself, while I was talking about myself.