Chapter 10

I glare at Anastasia as I remember the day Marie and I found her cheating on Dad. She just smiles, weirdly.

"Well, aren't you gonna greet me? Where's my love?" She referred to Dad. I clenched my jaw wanting to yell at her, but I knew Dad would of accepted her back. Meaning, I couldn't say shit. All I knew was I wanted to talk to someone.

"Yeah yeah. Hey, welcome home. Dad's at work. I'm going out." I quickly said swiftly turning on my heel before she gripped my forearm.

"No, stay. Let's hangout." Her eyes shining brightly. I rolled my eyes.

Fuck, she's getting desperate.

"No, I'm going out with my girlfriend. Piss off." I slipped out of her grip, heading towards the door before she followed.

"Let me come! I want to see her again. God, she was so sweet." Now things were becoming weird. She was an absolute fucking bitch to Marie, now she called her 'sweet' ? What the hell is going on?

I ignored Anastasia's close calling while getting into my truck. I texted Marie letting her know, I was coming over, and started to drive off. My phone started vibrating rapidly from the calls I was getting from Anastasia. I blocked her, while I was walking up the steps to Marie's house.

I knocked on the door, finding a short lady standing in front of it. A huge smile on her face. I think she was the lady referee as 'Mabel' when she brought Marie to get a tour for school.

"Luke! Lovely, come in." She pulled me into a tight hug, giving me a kiss on the cheek. Marie told me the dinner wasn't until Saturday, but she said her Mom didn't mind if I went over today.

Mabel leaded me towards a huge room. It had three couches, long ones. I saw a lady and a man seated on one of the couches. Along with Chloe, Andre and Marie aside each other. Marie ran up to me with a smile. She grabbed my hand before bringing me on the couch holding my hand. I gave her a look before she noticed. She gave me a kiss on my cheek and wriggled a little closer to me.

"Lucas. Welcome to our home." Marie's Mother smiled. She looked really professional. Though, Marie's Father was wasn't as professional as she was.

"Thank you, it's a really nice home. Do you like it here?" I created conversation. I could see Marie's family was very high, I wanted them to be happy with me. That's why Marie is Marie, and why I love that about her.

"Yes, it's wonderful."

Marie's parents introduced everyone. Her parents as, Victoria and William. John Pete, their chief, George, their butler, and last but not least Mabel, their maid. Along with Chloe and Andre, who I already know. Plus, my gorgeous Marie.

"So Lucas,tell us. Do you play any sports?" Marie's hand gripped a little around my hand. I didn't know whether she wanted me to say yes or no.

"Yeah, I play football." William's eyes bulged out.

Shit.

"My bad, here football is known as Gridiron. Have you heard of it?" I added. Victoria and William nod. William walks up to me sitting next to me a little before giving a huge smile.

"My boy, welcome to the family." She slapped my back. I looked at Marie before she laughed. Victoria passed me a cookie before smiling and starting another conversation.

"William loves Gridiron. Although, we don't have that in England, he used to watch American Television to watch it. I believe it's called ESPN?" I laughed and nodded.

~~~
After chatting with Marie's family for a while, they had all left letting us go up to her room.

Just the two of us.