I wasn't ready to say goodbye

⚠️ A/N: Mention of death ️⚠️

Draco took off running in the direction of Y/N's screams not caring if the ministry behind him. His heart was racing as he heard her cries.

"Please Amanda," Draco heard Y/N's desperate cries. "Think what you are doing. I know you want revenge but harming others won't help at all."

"You stole Draco away from me. He's mine, you don't deserve to live your life with him." Amanda lashed out. "I had Draco until I met you and your son, you were in my way so I had to do something to split you and Draco up."

"Look Amanda, I'll do anything—I'll leave Draco alone, you can have him," Y/N begged through her tears. "Just don't hurt anyone."

"It's already too late," Amanda replied. "He already told me that he still loves you which makes me angrier. What do you have that I don't?"

"Love," Y/N replied. "I have a love for my son and Draco, I'll do anything to save Draco or Scorpius even if that meant giving up my life."

"Clever," Amanda smirked as she twirled her wand around. "You think you can fool me?"

"You have so much hate inside of you," Y/N spoke. "Let out your anger in a different way."

"Why would you care? You stole Draco away from me." Amanda snapped. Y/N shooked her head.

"I had no problem of you dating him but when you started mistreating my son, of course, I had a problem with you," Y/N replied. "You had to be selfish and tried to have Draco all to yourself."

Amanda raised her wand, pointing at Y/N. "Shut up!"

"Admit it. You hated the fact that Draco has a son, you didn't like it." Y/N said. Amanda just scoffed at her, Draco ran to them.

"Stop!" Amanda shouted as she pointed her wand at them. "Or she'll get it."

"Amanda, please...lower your wand, I'll go out with you again but don't harm her. Please." Draco begged. Amanda shooked her head and pointed her wand at Draco but also kept an eye on Y/N.

"It's too late Draco." She spoke quietly. She had tears rolling down her face. "If I can't have Draco then no one can have him."

"Amanda put the wand down. This doesn't have to end badly...Look Draco has nothing to do with this, if you want to hurt anyone then let it be me but please don't hurt Draco or Scorpius." Y/N had tears streaming down her face then she looked at Draco who was also crying. "I love you."

"No, help is on the way. We will be saved." Draco cried.

"Sorry to ruin this touching moment but if I can't be with Draco then you or Scorpius can't be with him." Amanda hissed and pointed her wand at Draco who stood frozen. "Sectumsempra."

Before the spell could hit Draco. Y/N ran in front of him causing the spell to hit her instead of him. Draco watched in horror as he saw her body fall to the ground. There was blood everywhere, Draco knelt beside her and held her in his arms as more tears fell from his eyes.

"Y/N, please stay with me. I can't lose you...Scorpius needs you, I need you. I love you too." Draco cried as he stroked her hair. He hoped she would say something but nothing escaped her mouth. "I'm not ready to say goodbye, we're supposed to raise Scorpius together and grow old with each other. I can't raise him on my own, please don't leave me."

The ministry and Pansy got there but it was already too late. The ministry arrested Amanda while Pansy watched on. Draco looked at Pansy with tears in his eyes.

"Pansy! Heal her!" Draco cried clutching onto Y/N. "Please help me!"

Pansy could hear the desperation in his voice, she never saw him cry in front of everyone. She quickly went to his side and pulled out her wand she began casting a spell that fixed her wounds.

But it was already too late.

She had already lost too much blood.

"Why isn't she coming back?" Draco asked as he noticed Y/N wasn't moving. "Her cuts are healed. Why isn't she opening her eyes?"

Pansy looked down at her friend while Draco cried his heart out.

"Draco." She touched his shoulder. He looked at her with a bit of hope that she could be saved. "She's gone, Y/N is gone." Draco shooked his head as more tears rolled down his face.

"She can't be gone, her cuts are healed." Draco's voice cracked as the realization hit him. Pansy shooked her head.

"She lost too much blood." Pansy sobbed. Draco stared at her then let out a heartbroken cry. His shirt was covered in her blood but he knew she was dead. His Y/N is dead. Pansy hugged him while Draco continued to cry. "I'm so sorry Draco."

"How am I gonna tell Scorpius? He's only a child, he doesn't need to lose his mother." Draco cried on her shoulder. "How am I gonna raise him alone? I need Y/N with me—I can't raise him on my own."

"You have Blaise and me. We will help you raise Scorpius. You are not alone." Pansy reassured but Draco shooked his head.

"Scorpius needs his mother. I wasn't ready to say goodbye." Draco's voice cracked as he still held her in his arms. He looked over to see one of the Aurors taking Amanda away while the other took pictures of the scenes. He made his way towards them.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Draco just nodded, he was numb from what happened a few moments ago. He couldn't believe Y/N was gone, he wouldn't hear her voice, look into her eyes or see her smile again.

They were starting to become a family, Scorpius almost got what his other friends had; a father and a mother living in the same roof. How could Draco move on from her death and try to raise his son all alone? He needed her, his son needed her most. Draco looked at Y/N for one more time, trying to remember her beautiful face.

Draco had to face the end of a dream that was just beginning.

...

A/N: I'm sorry for writing this chapter so sad but I will write my last chapter of this book and then I will be done with this book.

Write down your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote!

Thanks for reading!