The One Ya Nasties Waited For

Warning, the following chapter is going to be a steamy one, so proceed with your own risk. If you'd rather skip it, I hope to be posting my next chapter soon!

If you dirty readers are here for this smut, then...... 

HAPPY READING!!! 

********************

It took everything in my power to stay where I was. I wasn't sure if I could trust his words, or if I should still walk away. We had been riddled with problems before we even began. All the obstacles we had to weave through, that we would have to overcome moving forward in order to see this through, but the obstacles seemed to continue to grow. I then realized something else. 

I crossed my arms and looked at the ground. "I just don't really know if I'm willing to risk everything."

I looked up to see Neal's look of disbelief. 

"I mean, war Neal?"

"We can hold our own. Our teams have been training harder and longer. We can hold our own, and I know that if it comes to is, we would have an amazing Mentalist to help protect the pack from any invasions small or large."

It was an impossible choice; to stay or to leave. 

If I stayed, it would be a lot of work, and we weren't even sure we would actually make it. I could choose to stay for now, but what happened in a week, month, even a year down the line. Would he continue to choose me? Would his parents accept his choice?

Would I be enough to back up the pack in a war with the Red Pine pack? I'd felt the shift in my magic while practicing, but it was still so new. But did it matter that I wasn't sure I believed we would succeed, Neal believed we would succeed. 

There were too still many questions and not nearly enough answers.

Neal stepped forward, he reached out a hand, tracing every inch of bare skin. My body flamed with his touch.

He placed one hand over my heart. It pounded in my chest like it was trying to burst free into Neal's intense, sensual touch. It knew exactly where we belonged, right there with Neal.

"Cynthia, there was never any choice, it was always you." He closed the last bit of space that remained between us, our lips pressed together, mouths mingling. His tongue slide inside mine, exploring while I explored his. 

With one swift motion, Neal brought us together until it was impossible to tell where I ended and Neal began.

I moaned into his mouth, my nails diffing into the back of his shoulders. My stomach flipped and a need started to grow deep inside me. 

Neal's mouth worked on mine like he was trying to consume all of me. The quickness, the urgency. His body trembled slightly and I knew he was terrified. He would never admit it, but he was absolutely terrified. 

I pulled my head back slightly, looking into Neal's eyes. I brushed my thumbs across his brows before placing my hands at the back of his neck and kissed Neal softly. 

His body slowly relaxed, his mind temporarily letting go of the problems of our future. 

Neal pulled back this time, his eyes questioning. "Did you?" His voice was a whisper.

I nodded in response. 

Neal leaned back in and kissed me hungrily. His hands slid under my shirt and grabbed my waist tight as he held me to him. I could feel him pressed against my lower abdomen through his tattered sweatpants.