The One With the Interruption

I looked at Neal's fingers laced with mine. We were still laying on the ground, facing each other. Silence filled the air, but neither of us felt the need to fill it with anything. 

Neal rubbed his thumb along the back of mine slowly, tracing back and forth. That comforting static between us leaving it's tingling trail behind his touch. 

"So," I was the first to break the silence. "As great as that was, I'm still not sure that I should come back."

Neal propped up on his elbow. "What do you mean?"

"Look, I really appreciate all the words you said. They were exactly what I had been wanting to hear, but they're just words. I need to see action. Yes, you came out here to stop me but have you done anything to move forward back home?"

"I didn't really have time, I came straight here."

"Right, because you were waiting to see if I would even go through with it, right? You're supposed to be the pack's next Alpha, but you can't actively make your own choice. You'd rather take action through inaction like an Omega." 

I sat up and reached into the duffle to pull out the other, smaller blanket I packed. I wrapped it around me. 

Neal still hadn't said anything so I turned to look at him. His jaw was tense, eyes burning with a cold fire. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath in through his nose before letting it out his mouth. 

"When I saw the alarm drop off the board at the border I instantly knew every moment over the last three days were mistakes. I shouldn't have even let you walk away. I should have chosen you right there and I am going to regret that I didn't for the rest of my days."

"And your father?" I kept my arms crossed tight and made sure there was plenty of space between Neal and I. The last thing I needed was to lose all sense and just agree with whatever he had to say. 

"I don't care what he has to say. You're right that I haven't been making my own decisions, and it's time to start doing so. I want this to be my first decision that I make."

He was right, he did have to start somewhere and sometime. 

"You do realize that you're asking me to trust that you've completely flipped your resolve... practically overnight." I wanted so badly to believe. I wanted to have that romance that was deep and passionate, a whirlwind from start to finish. A love once believed was never possible for someone like me. 

I relaxed slightly on the blanket. 

"Cynthia Lawrence, I swear to you before the goddess to always choose you. I vow to ensure to do what is best for the pack at all times, and accepting you as my mate and Merging with you, living the rest of our days together... that is what is best for the pack. 

"And us," I whispered. 

"And us," Neal whispered back. 

I leaned in and kissed Neal again, situating the blanket so that it was covering both of us. We laid back down facing each other, his fingers lost in my hair, my hand along the side of his face. I moved my leg, draping it around his waist. 

We continued to kiss slowly, our tongues dancing together. Neal bit my bottom lip and I groaned. 

I quickly moved us so that I was straddling Neal's waist with the blanket draped over us. I bit his lip back and moved against him. 

Neal groaned this time and I moved in, licking and nibbling on his earlobe before kissing my way down to that throbbing pulse in his neck that had begun to pick up pace once again. I could feel the pulsing against my lips, every erratic beat matching my own. 

I licked the pulse, feeling the soft skin mixed with the taste of salt and dirt. I continued to move against him slowly. I could feel the vibration in the back of his throat; a rumble so low I could barely even hear it while straining my ears. 

My teeth closed down on that pulse, and I felt the soft skin give under my teeth. Each pulse throbbed in my mouth. The feel of it there, that life force beating, flowing, just beneath the surface. The intoxicating feeling of having the control over the life that flowed between my teeth, and his complete trust in me. 

Neal placed his hands on my hips and he started to come alive under me. 

I licked and kissed the spot I'd just bitten. 

As I went back to kiss Neal's mouth, someone grabbed my arms from behind and pulled me backwards. I flailed about and before I was even balanced my wrists were contained in cuffs. It felt like everything other than me instantly drained away when the cuffs latched. I no longer felt like my whole self. 

The only luck I seemed to have drawn was that in the struggle to get my hands where they wanted, the blanket seemed to be sufficiently around me. 

"Dad?!" Neal shouted as he jumped up and grabbed the blanket on the ground, putting it around himself. 

"Son, go home now, you and I will have to discuss this later." Neal's father stood between the two of us while someone else held on to the cuffs at my back.

I tried to use my power to break the lock on the cuffs, but when I called on the magic, nothing came. Whatever they put on me muted my powers. I couldn't even reach out to Neal because my ability to speak to minds wasn't given to me by my wolf side. It wasn't tied to the pack, it was tied to my Mentalist abilities. 

"No! I'm not going anywhere. Let Cynthia go!"

Neal tried to step around his father, but his father quickly deflected him to the side. 

"I am not going to allow any more people fall under the witchcraft of these Mentalists, Son." His father said, standing firm between us still. "I know what you two have been doing. I can smell it all over that blanket."

I couldn't help but blush, but I also wondered what he meant by he couldn't allow anymore people to fall under our magic.

Two men moved from the darkness and closed in on Neal, pulling him back to take him away. Neal fought against the two to stay. 

"Cynthia Lawrence, you are charged with crimes against pack law. You, the pack Mentalist have had relations with a pack member.

"As Alpha of the Oak Creek pack, I hereby sentence you to death for breaking pack law."

**************

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

So, another update was closer than I originally thought! And THIS is how it ends?!?!???

YUP!

Let me know what you think! And don't forget to press that little star to vote!