The One with the Plan

I just want to take a moment to give a huge shout out to all my loyal, been-here-forever fans who have stuck with me from the beginning. You've been put through a lot with the hiatuses while I figure out life as well as my stories, and you all are the real MVPs. 

I also want to shout out all my newer, and even brand new readers. If you're brand new and like what you see here, I have quite a bit of content on my page. And if you've read a couple things, I hope you decide to read more and you enjoy. 

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

************

The strong scent of bacon brought my brain out of the haze of sleep. 

"Wakey, wakey, orange juice and bakey," Abbi called from the other side of my room. 

I groaned. "quieter, please." My head was pounding. 

"Oh, sorry," Abbie whispered. 

"Not that voice, you're inside voice." I tapped the side of my head. I could hear her shouting all the questions she was dying to ask me. 

"Oh!" 

And just like that, her 'voice' went silent. Her ability to do that still amazed me. She was the only person I knew who could silence her thoughts. Not that I ever said anything to anyone else other than my mother. But even she didn't know how to do something like that. 

I got out of bed and grabbed a glass of orange juice and some bacon. 

"We should be drinking water, you know." I plopped back down. 

"Water is for quitters."

"I am most definitely a quitter then." I grabbed the bottle next to my bed and chugged what was left of the water. 

The tension in the room grew like a physical barrier between Abbi and myself. I knew I wouldn't be able to stay off the topic any longer or she might burst. 

"So," I started, "I'm not completely sure, we'd had so much to drink last night you know."

"Can you please get to the point?" Abbi's words were quick and she was perched at the edge of her seat.

I looked down at my hands. "I think... I think Neal might be my mate." Silence. I couldn't look up at Abbi. "It's crazy, I know. Like I said, I'm not even sure. It's just that when touched me, it was like this major shock. Not in the good way like they say. It hurt. Like it was trying to stop my heart or something. I don't know if it was like that because I was feeling it on his end too, like double force or what. It may have just been something else entirely too, and-"

"Stop rambling," Abbi said. 

I took a deep breath and finally looked up. 

"You have a mate." Her words were final. There was no doubt in her mind like there was in mine. 

"Okay, but how sick and twisted would the Goddess have to be to pair me with him?"

"Maybe She's trying to prove a point, Cyn. Your family held a position of prestige in this pack for generations, and the only reason that position was lost was because of love."

"I'm not really seeing your point here."

Abbi stood up, her hands moving wildly. "Think about it. The very family that cast yours aside, they placed judgement on your parents. Now you are forever linked to them?"

Every ounce of Abbi's being was completely into this theory. She had a knack for romanticizing just about everything. I couldn't see the romance in it though, all I could see was the eventual heartbreak. There was no way that Neal would accept me as his mate. Honestly, I wasn't sure I'd want to accept him as mine. All assuming that he was in fact my mate.