The One with the Encounter

Invincibility, freedom, power, they all flowed through me. The feelings of every pack member around me flowed through my body, making them my own. The more I consumed, the less I was able to control what I let into me and what I blocked out, and for the first time in my life I was okay with that. 

I moved in ways I never thought I would with everyone's eyes on me, but tonight no one was watching. 

"If I weren't mistaken, I'd say that you are actually having fun, Cyn."

My head tipped back and real laughter flowed through my chest. "I am!"

Abbi's eyes glowed. She'd wanted this for me for so long. She'd pestered me the past two years to come to this thing and I'd always shot her down with a 'maybe next year' to appease her for the time being. 

I had to admit that I was actually happy she had finally forced me out. 

We walked around the clearing a bit, watched as different groups played party games. Trying to get little balls into cups. A group of idiots standing upside down on their hands and trying to chug the Wolfsbane, as if that were even remotely a good idea. 

"We should do it," Abbi said. 

I raised my brows at her. "Really? You really think that we should chug more Wolfsbane after what we've already had?" Apparently I was the only one who still had some common sense after the amount we'd been drinking. 

"Come on, Cyn. It will be fun! Just let loose a little bit." Her head started to move from side to side in time with the music. "It will be fun," she said again. 

It was hard to argue with her when she had that carefree attitude. Her emotions creeping inside. How could I say no when I was feeling what she was feeling? That was the problem though. I couldn't block her out, I couldn't block any of them out. The voice in the back of my mind was telling me I should stop. Sober up a bit. I shouldn't have put myself in such a vulnerable position when I didn't even have a real grasp on my abilities in a sober state. 

And yet, "fine." 

Abbi jumped up and down, squealing with excitement. Of course she went to stuff like this on her own sometimes, but because of me, she didn't really have anyone else. Abbi had chosen me despite the fact that it would ostracize her from the rest of the pack almost as much as I was. That little cub chose to have one friend so that I wouldn't have none. 

"But you're going first."

"Well duh!" Abbi quickly made her way over to the group standing around the keg of Wolsfbane. 

One of the boys helped hold her upside down while the rest of them hit each other and pointed at her. What's more, as they stumbled from side to side, I didn't feel any animosity from them. It was like they didn't even recognize me. 

Abbi tapped the side of the canister and the boy let her back down. She wiped her face and inhaled deeply. 

"You go," she said puling me toward the keg. 

"Abbi, I really don't think that's a good idea." Testing my limits of people's obliviousness was not something I was wanting to do. 

"Come on. You said you would." Abbi started to do that little pout thing that somehow always made me feel guilty no matter how old we got. 

I rolled my eyes and marched up to the keg, leaning with my hands on the rim so my hair fell to cover my face. "Who's going to help me, boys?" 

I could feel their eyes on my body and that primal lust within them. They had no clue who I was in that moment, just a hot mama as Abbi called me earlier.