Fault

"Todoroki-san!" Yaoyorozu and Jirou opened the door. "You found her! Where was she?"

"She wasn't far from the school." He answered, looking back at you. You were still faced away from the school, taking one last look at the sky before following Shouto inside.

"We were so worried, we thought the league of villains captured you or something!" Mina hung her arms around your neck. "Never scare us like that again!"

You looked at the faces of the girls and nodded. "Alright. I'm sorry."

You seated yourself on the couch in the common room, the girls too riled up to go back to sleep. "So, Y/N, what happened with you and Todoroki?" Hagakure asked. "You always looked crazy scared of him after the Provisional License Exam."

"Did I?" You looked at Shouto, who was already walking back to his room. "Nothing happened. Not anything directly involving him, at least."

"Well, as long as you're okay now." Uraraka sighed and leaned back on the couch in front of you, the cushions caving in a bit as she relaxed. You looked down at the cushions beneath you and saw that it wasn't doing the same.

"Come on, Y/N. You don't always have to look so alert." Jirou mirrored Uraraka and the couch did the same thing. "Just chillax."

You noticed your tensed muscles and your legs that were slightly elevating you so you could easily stand up at a moment's notice. It was just an automatic thing for you at that point. You relaxed your muscles and let your feet go limp, making you sink into the couch.

"There you go! Now you don't look so jumpy." Mina put her hand on your shoulder with a wide grin, the type that could lift anyone's spirits in mere moments.

But as you sat there, you heard a distinct crash, not far from the dorm building. "Mina, what is the current time?" She looked at her phone. "Almost 1:00am."

You stood up. "I apologize, but may I go get fresh air?"

"Did you not get enough already?" Yaoyorozu furrowed her brow in concern. "Is something bothering you?"

"Nothing's bothering me." You paused. "Yet." And you opened the doors of the dorm building. "If you wish, you may go back to bed. I just need to check on something."

Once you heard the doors to the dorm building shut, you took off your shoes and pressed your hands against the grass.

Energy Enhance

You felt the gentle vibrations of the earth coming from the city, the cafe you walked to with Kuroiro, even the ants scurrying across the earthly plain. But there was something else. Something that should definitely not be happening this close to the school.

You stood up straight and looked around, slipping your feet back into your shoes and running in the direction you felt the faint but recognizable sense of determination radiating from the only two students you knew would do something so reckless.

Then you stopped.

A familiar, yet... concerning energy came from the dorm building, or close to it. It was someone you knew, for sure, but it didn't have the same energetic and determined feeling as the rest of your classmates normally did.

You almost went to investigate what it was, but the loud crash rang through your ears once more and you knew you had to check that out first.