Grow

Hawks saw Kurogiri appear and assumed the worst, sending his feathers towards the darkness, only for fire to emerge and burn them to a crisp.

A grin seemed to form within the smoke as Dabi appeared, his eyes wide with mania. "Oh, dear old dad, you're ignoring me again?!"

Endeavour's heart dropped at the sight, his eldest son burnt beyond recognition, the only thing saying that he was a Todoroki being the head of white hair.

You heard the voice and you froze, hands uncovering your ears as you looked up.

"Y/N?" Tokoyami put his hand on your back as Dark Shadow tried to console you. "What happened? Are you alright?"

You were lost from his touch as you sped towards Dabi, barely allowing him to leave Kurogiri's portal as your foot met his side and the both of you plummeted down from his spot in the air and onto the ground.

"Where's Shouto?"

Dabi held a smug grin on his face. "I dunno. Where do you think?"

You stared at him in silence for a while. Grief had overtaken you before, so much so that you let Kurogiri return and leave Shouto alone. Yes, you were angry, but at this point, it was at no one but yourself.

Flames arose at your feet from Dabi's body and you jumped back as Jirou and Tokoyami ran towards Dabi, attacks ready.

You pressed on your earpiece. "Aster."

"Oh, finally! Wh-"

"Send heroes to check on Shouto."

You disconnected your earpiece before an answer and you sighed, trying to calm your nervous heart with your quirk, making the blood rushing in your veins slow. "Earphone Jack, Tsukuyomi, I'll handle Dabi, you remain with All For One."

They nodded and backed away from the bright blue torch. You swung a hand upwards and the earth rose, separating you and Dabi from the rest.

"That serious look in your eyes..." Dabi chuckled. "It gives me nostalgia! That little girl walking into my old man's office! He gave you more attention than the rest of us!" He sped up to you and stopped inches from your face. "Were you his true masterpiece?"

You left his question unanswered.

Cuffs from your hero outfit detached themselves from your wrists and grabbed onto his, dragging him away from you.

He used his flames to accelerate him in the opposite direction, threatening to either break his wrists or rip off his hands entirely.

You soon realized that he wasn't coming towards you, but rather trying to go up and over the wall you created towards Endeavour.

You looked up at the wall you created, wondering how far it could go over the two of you until the both of you were trapped inside. You lowered your hands, dragging him to the ground and attaching him to the dirt.

The wall began to curve, creating a dome over you two.

"You think you can keep me here?!" Dabi's flames burned brighter as darkness engulfed the two of you.

With some of your life force in the iron cuffs, you knew they were melting from the heat and you brought them back to you, allowing the liquified metal to hover next to you before you put them back on your wrists.

You stared at the blaze radiating from Dabi's figure.

Fire requires fuel, heat, and oxygen to remain burning.

While Dabi had the heat and the fuel, there was one thing that you could take away yourself.

"Dabi," you started quietly, as if giving him a test. "where's Shouto?"