seventy-eight

OKAY SO IM POSTING CHAPTERS 74, 75, 76, 77 AND 78 ALL TOGETHER. IF U HAVENT READ ONE PLEASE GO BACK AND DO SO!!! IF U WANNA SPREAD OUT UR READING THEM OVER THE WEEK OR SOMETHING, GO AHEAD!!! I JUST COULDNT WAIT TO POST ahahaa xD

     Jared had no fucking idea why he was walking from the coffee shop to Isaac's, but he was. Maybe he wanted answers. Maybe he just wanted to shout. Maybe he wanted, masochistically, to show Isaac just what a shitty little mess he'd made of him.

     Whatever it was, he found himself on Isaac's doorstep with a sick, burning feeling in his stomach and a need for something he couldn't even name.

     Isaac blinked as he opened the door, looking tired as ever with brown eyes dark in his pale face.

    "I-" he began, but Jared just pushed past before he could voice whatever shit excuse he'd thought up this time for why Jared wasn't welcome.

    "Your parents are out?" he asked, because he'd seen only Isaac's car in the drive.

    "Yeah. Are you- are you okay, J?"

     Jared shook his head.

    "Not really, no," he said, voice horribly malicious even to his own ears. It'd been a mistake to come here, he could already tell that. Just looking at Isaac was making him angrier, more upset.

     Isaac shifted from foot to foot.

    "You want a cup of tea?" he asked after a pause.

     Fuck you, thought Jared screamingly. Fuck you and your fucking little 'I'm-innocent!' act.

    "Fine," he said. They didn't speak as Isaac made the tea, carefully setting a mug in front of Jared in the living room (it was made exactly like he liked it. He tried not to notice.)

    "You wanna- tell me what happened?" offered Isaac, sounding small and nervous. Jared snorted.

    "Not really."

    "I- okay?"

    "Willa and I are on a break," he said coldly.

     Isaac seemed to sense danger ahead- he was cautious, tentative, as he reached out a hand to touch Jared's unresponsive shoulder and said,

    "Oh J. Why?"

     Jared raised a hand and pried Isaac's off, looking up with eyes flashing.

    "Why d'you think, Isaac? Because of you."

    "I-"

     Isaac froze, looking aghast.

    "Yeah," said Jared.

    "I don't think you-"

    "Fuck off, Isaac," Jared cut him off, and Isaac nodded tightly, walking away to the kitchen. As Jared watched he found that he didn't really want that at all, so he got up and followed the other boy.

     When Jared walked through the door after Isaac he was almost bursting with anger, wound up and frustrated and confused (and angry at being confused). Isaac had his hands gripped on the sink and was leaning on it, eyes closed. He looked tired and sick and small and Jared didn't care (told himself he didn't. Couldn't).

     "Isaac," he said stiffly, harshly. "What the fuck are you doing?"

     Isaac turned round. He'd got thinner recently. Jared suppressed his stupid fucking caring.