A Very Belated Christmas Oneshot

a/n:  this was meant to be a christmas present to all the lovely ppl who've kept reading this story and frequently brightening my day with their lovely comments; however it is very very late haha i am terrible at writing to deadlines. i hope u enjoy it anyhow <3 as per, it is utterly non-essential to the main story

****

  It all started with Isaac walking into the kitchen with a small package under his arm, one blustery evening in September as Jared was just popping an M&S curry-for-two in the oven.

"Domestic princess," said Isaac delightedly, just back from work and still in his black coat, smelling of the cold and his piny, cinammonny sort of aftershave that Jared just fucking adored. Isaac was at present a pupil in a chambers that specialised in civil liberties, hoping to soon secure a tenancy there as Jared continued to thrive at the energy company he'd interned with after uni. It was cut-throat and fast-moving and Jared loved it, but he loved even more to hear about Isaac's work, to hear him so passionate and competent and fuck. Was it normal to have a my-boyfriend-has-found-his-life's-purpose kink? Maybe it was just the combination of sharp suit and messy, windswept hair that was getting Jared going tonight as Isaac dropped a quick kiss on his cheek, slipping the package from under his arm into the pocket of his coat, so that it just peeked out over the top.

"What's that?" Jared asked, raising his eyebrows, and Isaac smirked.

"Christmas present. For you. You can call me the Perfect Boyfriend, if you like, or just perfect for short." He got out the package - shop-wrapped in indiscriminate white paper - and waved it smugly in front of Jared's face.

"Isaac," Jared deadpanned. "It's September."

Isaac rolled his eyes at him, stuffed the present back in his big pocket and tore a corner of an innocent, cold naan-bread waiting on the top of the oven, chewing it and then saying, "Never too early to be amazing, eh?"

"I need to cook that," Jared told him, pushing away Isaac's grabby naan-stealing hands with a tutting sound. He went to get some wine glasses from the cupboard and Isaac slung his coat over a chair before hoisting himself up to sit on the counter, tugging loose his fancy in-court tie and undoing the top few buttons of his shirt. Jared felt his stomach clench hotly at the sight of that and Isaac smirked at him, totally aware of his effect on his boyfriend. "Alright," said Jared, clearing his hoarse throat and tearing his eyes away from Isaac's lovely throat. Later. Fuck. Isaac winked at him and leant back on his hands and Jared breathed out, "Minx."

"Amazingly organised present-buying minx, I think you mean," Isaac told him mildly, drawling out the words as if pretty much unconcerned. Jared poured them both wine and passed Isaac a glass to a distracted, "thanks love" because Isaac was set on a mission of smugness now and nothing was going to stop him.

Jared rolled his eyes fondly and said, "Fine. So you've already got my present. Maybe I've already got yours."

"You haven't."

"Might do."

"But you haven't. Don't try and steal my rightful crown of perfection."

Jared snorted a laugh. "You're so extra," he said, leaning in and pressing a warm kiss to Isaac's mouth. Isaac's hands immediately rose to grab his shirt but he pulled back, kissing the corner of Isaac's lips as he went and feeling the smile there, small and unstoppable. "My present is going to beat yours," he said.

Isaac crooked an eyebrow. "My presents are going to beat yours," he said, in a very superior, prematurely satisfied tone. Jared kissed him hard and hot, an outright challenge, and nipped his lip as he drew away.