ninety-nine

GUYS UR COMMENTS GOT ME TOO EXCITED SO LIKE IM GONNA POST 99 NOW OKAY SORRY FOR CHANGING MY MIND!!!! ur all the loveliest

MAKE SURE U READ 97 AND 98 BEFORE THIS!!!!!!<—IMPORTANT

this chap is dedicated to @zeeadaj because, you'll see

100 WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW.

They parked the car at the side of the road near a track leading up to some woods, hedges and then hazy summer fields on either side of it.

"C'mon, hurry up!" Isaac called, already halfway to the track's open gate as Jared threw his car door shut. He was grinning, walking backwards with his hand above his eyes to shade them from the sun.

"Alright, alright," grumbled Jared as he caught up. "Demanding little shit, aren't you?"

Isaac laughed.

"Could've been worse. Could've said, hurry up, Barnaby."

About halfway down the track, the hedge opened up to the corner of one of the fields (well really it was more of a meadow), and they entered it with Isaac humming some barely audible tune under his breath.

Jared threw himself down in the grass while Isaac sat up against a tree behind him, face upturned in the sun. For a while neither of them spoke, and Jared froze with his heart almost beating out of his chest as Isaac's fingers tangled absent-mindedly in his hair. Suddenly Jared was hyper-sensitive to the boy behind him, could hear his quiet breathing and feel with utter clarity his fingertips, soft and familiar. They remained like that for a few minutes before Isaac stilled abruptly and said,

"Sorry. I- sorry", removing his fingers. Jared said,

"Don't stop. I liked it."

Isaac groaned and hid his face in his hands.

"J," he mumbled, then, uncovering his face so that his voice was clear- "I need to know what you're thinking. About us."

Jared's heart pounded. This was it- and he couldn't express all he needed to but he had to, somehow. He closed his eyes and tried to slow his breathing (muttering, "Jesus Christ, fuck") before beginning hesitantly,

"I think- I- you mean a lot to me, I mean, of course I- fuck it, mate, you're pretty much the most important- thing- to me." He paused, half-terrified and knowing his cheeks were reddening, forcing himself to blunder on anyway. "I just, I- I don't know what the hell I'd do without you. You're fucking wonderful and perfect and I've never had a friend quite like you, Isaac, but I think- I think we both know the way I see you isn't-"

He shuffled up and twisted his body so he could see Isaac's face, expression cautious and waiting, eyes intense. Jared pushed the next words past his canon-blasting heart.

"Well it isn't exactly platonic, is it." He wanted Isaac to let his gaze escape, then, to let him hide his face or close his eyes. But instead the boy just raised an eyebrow as if to say 'continue'- and so Jared did, because really he was kidding himself if he thought he could refuse Isaac anything. "I- you know- you're gorgeous, Isaac. I keep thinking about kissing you and I want to see- all of you, every bit of you, I want to hear you make those fucking noises again. I want to watch you come undone. I want- I always want you closer, Isaac, I want to get so close to you that there's not even a you and me anymore, there's just an us."