My Daughter and Her Antics

(Author's Note: Hey guys! So, this chapter is going to be from the POV of Alice's mother, Victoria! Enjoy!)

My daughter was always a... strange character, to say the least.

Well, let's just say that... she was the one that kept everyone in the mansion on their toes.

For instance, when she was 2 weeks old. That was the first incident that Alice had. I was in the nearby tea room, meeting some of my guests for a pleasant conversation, when I suddenly heard jingling from my baby's room.

----

"Alice? What's the matter?" I rushed into the room. 'Oh, my baby girl is so young! Did assassins come? What if she was poisoned by one of the maids who fed her this morning?! Is her diaper dirty? Maybe she wants more food?' I worriedly thought.

I ran towards the small crib as the thoughts bombarded my head. I scanned her up and down, but I couldn't find anything that could possibly harm her. I looked lovingly into her eyes. They were ruby, just like my dear husband. She squinted, but I wasn't sure what she was trying to do. I soon heard a strange and vague muttering coming from her, followed by a movement of mana in the air.

'Mana absorption? What's going on?' I tried to peep closer in to get a better look at her. But before I could, I could see my dear baby, my dear baby Ali, floating.

It took a while for me to figure out what was going on in my head. 'Floating?' was my first thought, followed by 'My baby is floating?' Then I looked at her feet. They were glowing. Glowing with a faint blue light. 'Air magic?' Then I looked at her and my eyes immediately widened. 'Wahhh! My two-week old baby is using magic!?' I didn't even have time to scream. I just blacked out, in utter shock. I could faintly hear the screams of my personal maid, Nari, when I was unconscious.

'Is my dear Ali a genius...?'

----

Or the incident when she was a month old. My dear husband, Griffon, rushed into my study, with a panicked look on his well-chiseled, handsome face.

----

"Wife! Wife! Alice is in the library practicing mid-tier magic! Wife! HELP! What's going on! AHHH!" I looked at my husband's stomach, which had been coming up and down quickly, and back at his face. Then to his stomach. Then to his face.

"Wife! Wife! Are you listening to me!" I giggled at his monolog, finding it quite adorable.

"My apologies, dear husband. But you are just so handsome when you panic! It almost makes me want to have another child just to see that handsome face panic more~" I winked. Griffon's brain seemed to need some time to process the information, but when he finally understood my meaning, I could see that his entire face was tomato red. 'Ahhh, my husband really is too cute.' I thought to myself as I saw him stuttering, trying to respond to my statement.

"Th-th-that's n-not th-the point h-h-here! I-I ha-have to g-g-go." Griffon tried.

I simply smiled at his cute answer and watched him run out the door covering his face. 'Ahhhhh~ so cute~' I thought to myself once more. "Well, I guess I should see what all the drama is all about." I mused, curious.

I soon arrived at the main library at the mansion. Following the directions of the seemingly troubled librarian, I saw my baby, Alice, surrounded by a tour of books. Alice, who was on the ground, was floating an open book. She was clearly invested in the work. I looked down to see the title, curious on what could have interested her in such a way. [The Conceptual Development of Laplace's Mana Cascade Theory] is what it read.

'Maybe... my daughter is just playing with the book because it looks cool?' I suggested. But I didn't even have time to react when I felt a strange flow of mana flowing out and in of my daughter's body. It became faster and faster until I saw a ball of water appear from my daughter's hand.

I felt lightheaded. 'My daughter discovered her water and air attributes when she was four weeks old. Oh, good lord. She can read, she can even practice Laplace's mana cascade with ease, when it takes wizards a year to master the skill properly. Oh, good lord.'

A final thought popped into my head as I fell to the floor, on my knees. 'As I thought, my daughter is surely an incomparable genius.'

----

The incidents just came and went as she grew up. It could be anytime, anywhere, but it always came. Ali was always the reason behind it, of course. And finally, at three years old, she (unsurprisingly) created a new form of earth magic. She was working on her thesis of body strengthening in the library, and I was personally bringing snacks to her to reward her for only breaking a wooden poll that time. Little did I know that Ali had another heart attack in store for me...

----

"Madam, are you sure you want to carry the sweets yourself? I can carry it for you." Nari tried to support the silver tray in my hand but I declined.

"No, Nari. My little daughter has finally grown up...! Her mess was so small this time~! She only broke a wooden pole~ ah, I'm so proud of my Ali!" I announced pridefully.

I knocked on the library door, with Nari in tow. "Ali~ my dear Ali~ your mother is here with sweets~" She didn't seem to respond, but I could hear a faint laughter coming from the library, so I opened the door anyway.

The sight that I saw was a peculiar one, to say the least. "Oh~ my precious computer~ muah~ I missed you so~ muah~ so~ much~ how can I separate from you for so long~ I'm sorry for abandoning you~" I saw my little girl, holding a strange metal thing in her arms, kissing it.

'H-huh? My dearest daughter?'

"Ummm... Ali?"

After seeing such a spectacle, I would say that it is perfectly justifiable to lecture her for another five hours, right? It was perfectly right for me to do that.

"Noble ladies do not kiss long metal objects!"

"Noble ladies do not hug long metal objects!"

"AND NOBLE LADIES CERTAINLY DO NOT WASTE THEIR LIFEFORCE MAKING LONG METAL OBJECTS!"

"Actually, Mother, using creation magic didn't deplete my mana, so it didn't eat into my lifeforce making my computer..."

"NOBLE LADIES. DO. NOT!"

'Ahhh, as I thought, my daughter is a true genius...'

----

I sighed as I recalled those events. My little angel, so pure, so talented, so beautiful... but such a troublemaker. Dear goddess, if you can hear me, when my wild Ali is released into the kingdom... don't let her make too much of a mess. I prayed solemnly, hoping that those days would never come.

(Author's Note: If you guys want to know who Laplace is, he was a french mathematician, also my favorite historical figure since he was the person who introduced the theory of Laplace's Demon. Anyway, so, did you guys enjoy it? Please post your thoughts in the comment section below~)