The Nature of [Descension]

XXX 4th, Imperial Year 784

I've gotten accustomed to life in the Kingdom of Elves. It's much more lax here, I guess it's fine. I now know that my supposed-to-be inconspicuous arrival was nonexistent. I shouldn't have flown in and destroyed the barrier that has been standing for one thousand years, I guess that was a bad move. I should have just done the right, slow thing and gone through the front gates... but at least I didn't take Liz with me, right?

Well, I fixed the barrier, so no harm done.

I wonder how the others back at home are doing. I told Father and Mother to keep my departure a secret from them as long as possible, including Al, since he would kick up a fuss. Right now, Ciar probably already knows a touch about me leaving and Ax will be coming to visit me, as usual. Punching Bag will probably visit me next week, Idiot Prince will probably come tomorrow, and Ragdoll... I don't know. Well, I should worry, I'm not the type to worry.

The prince of the elves (I wasn't listening to that king so I don't know his name) will be attending as well. He doesn't know about me.

School starts in a month. I've prepared everything, and my attendance will be kept a secret aside from the principal. 'Mixuni Sema' will be my name. It will be quite fun to trick everyone in the school. I'm looking forward to it.

I did a round trip and brought my shadow guards with me. Shadow guards protecting 'Shadow'. How hilarious. I should probably rename them, to avoid confusion.

I found a secret chamber today in the castle in the library. It's pretty cool. I'm bringing my phoenix to inspect it after lunch with the King.

I haven't found much on the amulet, though. Maybe I shouldn't have killed Pink Fluff so I could experiment on her now.

Well, whatever.

In my space, I held a pensive expression as I wrote with my pen. The study was illuminated by my fabulously crafted 'day', light streaming through the large, open windows, reflecting off the cool, white and gold marble floor. The strumming of my fingers hitting the dark oak table echoed across the vast, empty room.

I'm not gonna lie, when I was in the study, I felt like Boss Baby sitting in BabyCorps CEO office.

It felt goooood.

After I finished writing my diary entry, I stepped out of my space and entered my room at the Elven Palace. Wooden chandeliers with candles decorated on top of them, a large, homey white silk bed, two beautiful elven maids that made me feel as short as Boss Baby filled my view.

"Lady Novea, your lunch is ready in the dining room." They both said in unison, while bowing towards me. I nodded and they both filed out of the room. Unlike a certain rude king, these maids knew the proper etiquette of the Elven Kingdom and mine. As a personal guest of the king, they treated me with etiquette from back home in Asar.

I walked out of my window - yes, you heard me, window - and floated to the large window pane on the top floor. I knocked on it twice and two servants hurriedly opened them for me, allowing me to float into the main dining hall with ease. I wouldn't usually do this, because although it's convenient, easy, and nice, it could cause problems for me and Asar, but because I'm in the Kingdom of Elves, there is no problem.

Like I said before, etiquette is considered unnecessary here, so no one uses it. The King floats in through the window every time because it's convenient, so...

I landed back on the dark oak branchy floor and walked towards my seat near the King's. I sat, watching the boy on the opposite side of the table earnestly. He had the same eyes and hair color as the King. It must mean that he is either a close relative, or the son.

But while I was watching him, he was just staring at his food. Well, I guess he wouldn't know I would be watching him, since I made myself invisible to most people except the King and a few servants that are helpful to me.

The King floated in after a few minutes and the servants closed the grand stained glass windows while sighing quietly, looking at the (smaller and lighter) doors positioned on the opposite side of the room longingly. Oh, they were probably doormen before the King decided to go through windows. That's hilarious, it looks like they want to kiss the door right now.

"Let us eat."

Yup, no speech, no toast, no greeting, just a declaration to eat. As expected of the King, I don't know how to feel about this.

As plates were passed to me, I used light magic to conceal them from the prince, and started eating gracefully. After a few minutes of fast-paced elegant eating, I stood up from my seat and bowed to excuse myself.

And yet again, the doormen-turned-windowmen had to haul open the windows with sore arms to let me pass.

----

I was in the library's hidden, dusty chamber, exploring the ancient books within it. The couch, which looked a dried blood color, was covered in dust, although I could tell that back in the day, it was once a pristine red velvet couch for kings. The lamps, deprived of oil and proper care, were all cracked and hanging by a thread, and the scrolls, which looked like they would dissipate into the air from one touch, were left on the ground, strewn about messily.

I looked through the shelves around the room. They were all written in Inperi, which was a language not many knew. Although I did. Amulet... amulet... I looked through the shelves ardenly, shuffling around the dusty and dry place like a quack librarian drunk on weed after a long night out. I sighed. Still can't find anything. Then I remembered something. Descension. My magical attribute.

----

Here I was, curled up in my space once more, surrounded by a tower of dusty red scrolls, reading a book in Inperi about magical attributes.

Found it!

'Ascension, Descension, Reincarnation' it read with graceful cursive handwriting.

(Author's Note: I didn't want to use any fancy fonts for this, so I'm just going to translate the book from Inperi to English for you guys, it'll just make it easier for you and me, right? Thanks for coping with my laziness~)

'A goddess bestows...' I read on with bored eyes, scanning the page for a footnote or interesting fact. 'Ascension can be dangerous...' Blah blah blah... I added on in my mind.

'The nine tailed fox once said, 'Beware of the light, for it can blind you the longer you stare.' [Descension], found in ancient artifacts and temples, is unique. Not much is known about it. It is a gift given by the goddess herself, foreign and mysterious. What we know about [Descension]: It can bring down foreign, unworldly beings. Paired with [Ascension], you will become immortal and ascend. [Descension] also grounds you to the world, though, and might forever tie you down to earth, forever trapped in its cold, damp clutches of despair. A gift that can be a curse or a blessing.'

I frowned. "What the fuck does that mean, goddamn it? Those shitty assholes shouldn't speak so cryptically!! Aren't books meant to make sense?!" I groaned and flopped down tiredly.

Back then, I didn't know. That my little outburst was the worst thing I could have done at that moment. If I had just paid proper attention, then I could protect him... he wouldn't have died. If I had paid proper attention, then maybe those cursed words might've just disappeared, along with that book.