The Aruarnul Amulet

Dinner was rambunctious and chaotic. Despite the way these noble children were raised, it was quite clear to me that they all had some sort of spirit in them to make such a mess at night. Like they were finally released from their leash. I mused as I watched the other nobles try to talk with me, although I just waved them off, saying that I was very fatigued and terribly worried about my fiance, who, by the way, should be walking up to me in a rage right about now.

"Alice, my dear fiance, here you are." I heard Naska's restrained voice behind me and turned around to smile.

"Hello, Second Prince. How nice of you to come and greet me. I hope that you, despite me leaving you behind, are alright." I told him. He isn't rash enough to make a scene were other nobles from foreign kingdoms are. After all, when he's not with me, he is a conniving and two faced prince who is considered perfect.

"Hahaha, of course I am in excellent health."

"Hohohoho, well then, thank goodness."

"I am happy you are concerned for my well-being, Alice. Can I thank you properly tonight?"

"Oh, well, my deepest apologies, however I am very fatigued from the long and strenuous hike today. I am afraid I cannot take you up on that offer."

"Ohhh... how disappointing. I hope we will able to meet properly another time then."

----

"Let's break off the engagement."

At night, Naska and I were standing near the stream, having our little chat about today, when he promptly told me this. Wow, really a hothead, huh. So easy to manipulate. He must be one of the male leads from book two if he says stuff like this so easily. Tch, figures. That's probably why he has no EQ at all.

"And?"

"What 'and'?"

"What is your reason for breaking it off, when we have only been engaged for roughly two months?"

"Because you knocked me out, spread rumors about me, and-"

"Because I'm not easy to manipulate? Well, let me tell you this, Prince. You cannot just easily break off an engagement. Do you really think the reason that we are engaged is because I insisted? Or because of your father? You really are so stupid, aren't you. The reason we are engaged is not for the simple reason of 'wants'. I'm sure you know this, but political engagements and marriages are common, and are very beneficial for both sides. 'Oh, I wanna break it off because Alice is being mean' isn't gonna cut it. Doofus. And the reason I knocked you out in the first place is because you attacked me for no apparent reason. The reason that there were rumors spreading across the camp is because of your rash attitude towards me, the heir of House Novea. This is all your fault, not mine." I told him in one breath, while staring at him with exasperated eyes. One more push...

"You know, I've never liked people like you. So high and mighty when dealing with others, yet your wall crumbles down when you meet someone superior and you end up becoming something akin to a baby throwing a tantrum. So stupid." I smirked as I looked at his frozen face.

I was twirling my hair around my finger as I looked at the stream, reflecting the beautiful silver crescent moon, a picturesque sight to see. And... Naska exploding in 3... 2... 1... Boom.

"We are. Canceling. The engagement." He harrumphed and turned around. Awww... he wasn't loud... that's no fun. Well, whatever, mission accomplished. Now to go back to the camp for nightly festivities, then to catch some Z's.

----

The next morning was bright and sunny. The clouds partly covered the sky, giving a happy-day kind of feeling. As usual, I was grumbling in the covers, wanting to sleep for a few more hours, when the morning wake up call at 7:30 sounded. And as usual, I choked the teacher who woke me up until there was a commotion. Such. A pain. I just. Wanna sleep.

I really did not want to be woken up by an angry hothead prince, though, so I ended up shuffling out of the covers of my own volition and started getting ready for the day in my space. Damn. Naska ruins my freedom and ruins my sleep. Once we have our engagement annulment, I'll be sure to beat the shit out of him. I thought as I ruffled my wet hair.

When I exited my space and my tent, I was mentally and physically prepared and ready to act sociable again.

I walked gracefully to the meeting area and ate breakfast with the horde of chatty girls and boys, with Naska nowhere in sight. It seems he's trying to pull something. Is he trying to make my reputation fall to rock bottom in hopes of using that as a reason? Or is he trying to enter my tent to do something to my bed? Hmmm, anyway, none will succeed. I've already bought my shadow guards here, they'll kill and deal with him if they see fit. I looked around in search of Pink Fluff. Ever since I lectured her on lecturing me, I haven't seen Pink Fluff Ball. I guess I scared her too much. Hmmm... if she won't help me, then I guess I'll kill her too. She's nothing but a nuisance if she isn't a puppet.

I knew that I could use others as puppets to draw away Ragdoll and Idiot Prince, but it wouldn't be effective. After a few trial-and-errors, I found that although the Ragdoll and Idiot were incompetent and had a low EQ, once they have fallen in love, they wouldn't be fished out. Is it because Ragdoll's a capture target, which is why he's so devoted? Haaah... annoying. I thought as I continued to search for Pink Fluff.

"Students! Please gather around the common area in five minutes!" I heard someone announce. Oh... I guess I'll have to search for them later.

----

Today was a tournament as an activity. All 1292 students will be competing in it. Including me. It was as it sounded. First was the preliminaries, where all of the students stood on a designated ground to try and knock another out of the 'ring'. If someone was knocked out of the circle, then they were out and could no longer participate. Obviously, flying was not allowed, but this was no different than a brawl.

Of course, I made it through to the next stage. I still couldn't find Ax, Ciar, or any of the others, but whatever.

The next stage was a maze. Students had to make it through (without using any sort of magic) to the end. Students who couldn't finish within forty minutes were knocked out as well, which got rid of quite a number of them. And of course, I made it through easily, with my picture-perfect memory.

And the next stage was where I was right now. Essentially... It was a camp talent show.

I don't even know how teachers managed to bring up so many instruments (including TWO grand pianos) without a space. I had to applaud them for that. But why did they have to limit the use of magic?! WHY?! FOR WHAT REASON?!

I touched the piano in deep deliberation. I just recently found that I couldn't use magic, and had to remodel my whole plan to get through the next round. Why was I so adamant in winning, do you ask? Well, for starters, the prize at the end was very important to me. I know I'm not usually hung over I Shine For You, but... the prize was so dazzling, so cool, something I couldn't miss out on, that I have to win.

An amulet. But not just any amulet, an amulet that had ancient magic imbued on its stone. Ancient. Magic. Just the very thought of it sounded cool! Mysterious, alluring, beguiling... and something that Aveline received from Ragdoll that allowed her to defeat the demon king.