Alice's First Pet Named Lizzy

"I've decided. You're going to be my best friend." I told him out of the blue. We were on our horses, galloping towards the borders of the empire.

"Huh? Why the sudden decision?" He asked. Ax and I have been staying together for so long that he no longer seemed surprised with my sudden and strange surprises.

"Well, since you know my identity, and because I like you." I responded casually.

He groaned and smacked his head. His horse continued to bounce up and down. "You really are so dense. NEVER say that to another man."

"What's the deal? I just said that you know my identity. Geez." I whined and looked forward. "We're nearing the western region that we were supposed to go. We've already passed the border, so it should be smooth sailing from here on out."

"Seriously, I don't understand most of your words, Nova. What does 'smooth sailing' mean? And, while I'm talking about the subject, what do the words 'fuck' and 'shit' mean?"

I moaned. "You wouldn't understand what I would be saying, anyway. There's no point explaining it to you."

"Come on."

"You damn bastard, I hope you fall into a pit and die. If you know my identity, then why don't you know that I'm 'eccentric'? Seriously, so stupid. And why do I have to explain myself to you? Jeez, this is why I don't like dealing with humans." I ranted in Japanese.

"What? Okay, I don't understand. Explain it to me."

"Yeah, you'll never understand, you baka. So just shut up and keep moving." I injected mana into the horses and gave them a burst of speed.

----

"...In the mountains, and there you will find the dragon." I was filtering out most of the village chiefs long monologue until he told me those words. Then I snapped out of my trance and pulled - no, actually, a better word would be carried - Ax to the mountains with breakneck speed with physical enhancement.

We arrived there, at the 'cave' in one hour. I was breathing heavily, but it wasn't too bad. "Okay, Ax, let's move in."

"Sure." It was really a marical that I found someone who wasn't surprised at my sudden actions. Truly a marical.

A roar came from within the cave, and my eyes started sparkling. Oooh! I thought. And then I grinned. "On second thought, Ax, just stay outside. I'll be going in myself. You can have the gold, of course. I just want to have fun, so stay back, okay?" I told him like I was coaching a child.

"Wait-" Before he could stop me, I opened a portal and threw him into my space. That way he won't do any needless meddling and hold me back. He won't have a problem with it since he's getting the reward money, right? Well, whatever, I deal with the worrywart Ax later. I skipped into the cave with shining eyes and started humming a tune.

"I'm catching a draaagon, a draaagon, a draaagon. I'm catching a draaagon, will I have fun~?" My twinkling, soothing voice awoke the 'draaagon' from it's light sleep. "Hello, Dragon. So, I'm here to exterminate you." I went straight to the topic and stated my reason for coming.

"A human. How impudent of you to awake me from my slumber. I shall make you pay." His thundering voice boomed in the cave, and caused a few stalactites to fall to the floor.

I grinned. "Oooh! How fun! Try, try!" I used gravity magic to float in the air. The dragon roared louder at my teasing response and started to chase me. I led him out of the large cave, into the forest, and onto the mountain. I hovered, my head touching the clouds, with my air magic giving me oxygen to breath at a high altitude. "Ehehehe~ are we playing Tag? I like playing Tag! It's fun!" My childish smile was replaced with a sadistic one with killing intent.