Shadow (part 3)

This chapter is dedicated to the lovely @MimiWinchester98 :) Love ya Mims :)

Annie's POV

Sam and I walk into the bar and I wave over at Dean, who was talking-flirting- with a bartender. He nods to her and then swipes a napkin from her hand before flashing a smile. Sam and I sit down at an empty table and I begin to flip through the pages of Dad's journal.

Dean sits across from Sam and myself, "I talked to the bartender."

"Did you get anything? Besides her number?" I ask not looking up from the journal.

"Annie, I'm a professional. I'm offended that you would think that. " I ask narrowing my eyes up at him.

"Well, yeah," He chuckles as he holds up the napkin that has the bartender's number printed across it.

"You mind doin' a little bit of thinking with your upstairs brain, Dean?" Sam asks. I smirk to myself.

"Huh? Look, there's nothing to find out. I mean, Meredith worked here, she waited tables, everyone here was her friend. Everybody said she was normal. She didn't do or say anything weird before she died, so-what about that symbol, you find anything?"

"Nope, nothing. It wasn't in Dad's journal or in any of the usual books. I just have to dig a little deeper, I guess," I sigh.

"Well, there was a first victim, right? Before Meredith?" Dean asks.

"Right. Yeah," Sam says as he pulls out the newspaper clipping. "His name was, uh-his name was Ben Swardstrom." He hands the clipping to Dean. "Last month he was found mutilated in his town house. Same deal-the door was locked, the alarm was on."

"Is there any connection between the two of them?" Dean asks.

"Not that we can tell-I mean, not yet, at least. Ben was a banker, Meredith was a waitress. They never met, never knew anyone in common-they were practically from different worlds," I say.

"So, to recap, the only successful intel we've scored so far is the bartender's phone number," Dean smirks. I roll my eyes and look over at Sam, but he is staring across the room.

"What?" I ask. Sam gets up and begins walking away. "Sam?" Dean and I call. Sam continues to walk away. I shrug to Dean and grab Dean's journal before rushing after Sam. When I see him again, he is tapping a short haired blonde on the shoulder.

"Meg," He smiles when she turns around.

"Sam!"

Sam's POV

"Sam! Is that you? Oh, my God!" Meg says. She stands up and I give her a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm just in town, visiting friends," I lie. Meg loos around and smiles.

"Where are they?" She asks.

"Well, they're not here right now, but what about you, Meg? I thought you were goin' to California. "

"Oh, I did. I came, I saw, I conquered. Oh, and I met what's-his-name, something Michael Murray at a bar."

"Who?"

"Oh, it doesn't matter. Anyway, the whole scene got old, so I'm living here for a while. " I see Dean and Annie step up behind me. Dean clears his throat but I ignore him.

"You're from Chicago?"

"No, Massachusetts-Andover. Gosh, Sam, what are the odds we'd run into each other?"

"Yeah, I know, I thought I'd never see you again."

"Well, I'm glad you were wrong." I nod and this time Annie clears her throat. Meg and I turn around and Annie nods at us.